SLP Air Intake Temperature Control Module - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLP Air Intake Temperature Control Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP Air Intake Temperature Control Module

This review was originally posted by Steve Stokes.

This mod simply 'adds' on to your existing AIT sensor. The sensor tells the PCM the temperature inside of the air intake, leading to the throttle body. The PCM reads this temperature then computes the air/fuel ratios. This piece costs about $32.00 with shipping from RKSport or SLP. Installation is simple: unplug the wire going into your existing AIT sensor on your throttle body, then plug this in over it, plug your wire back in, and thats it!

From SLP's site:
    SLP has discovered an inexpensive way to help squeeze every ounce of power from your treasured ride. Our new plug in Air Temperature Module attaches between the air temperature sensor and it's harness, advising the PCM to provide maximum spark advance while retaining proper knock sensor and engine function. Installs easily in minutes; Dyno tests have shown increases of 5 to 7 HP.

From when I installed this mod, I was expecting, wow, another 5-7HP, cool, what could be better? More HP for a cheap amount right? WRONG! This mod does nothing for your car, as it didn't do for me. You will not notice any gains from this mod. I would not recommend this mod to anyone, rather, do it yourself for a fraction of the price. How you ask? Read on.

How to do it yourself: Remove your AIT sensor from your intake. Patch the hole in the intake with some silicone. Extend the wires leading to the AIT along with the AIT and put it as close to your air filter as possible, or actually in your filter for even better performance. This is known as the Free AIT mod. Wish I had known it before I bought the SLP Air Temperature Control Module.

3 Pros:

</font>
    • Maybe 1 horsepower gain</font>
    • Adjusts Air/Fuel ratios</font>
    • Reasonably cheap and VERY easy to install</font>

3 Cons:

</font>
    • Can you say "too much money for a piece of plastic"?</font>
    • Doesn't add any noticable gains</font>
    • Why pay when you can do it for free!</font>

[ March 06, 2004, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: Stefan ]

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
    Had to get another phone
    by ssms5411
    Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
    1 week ago
  • ssms5411
    Leaking front cover
    by ssms5411
    So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
    2 weeks ago
  • transamtom1
    Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
    by transamtom1
    Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X