MRT V.1 install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRT V.1 install

I Installed the MRT V.1 a few months ago on my 2011 Camaro I thought I’d just run through the process Incase anyone was considering it.
    To get down to it I love this exhaust no video can do it justice. It makes my Camaro have a deeper growl to it and after a nice little pull to about 4.5k RPMS it’ll have some pops in it. All around great quality exhaust.

The install was very simple. All you need to do is have an electric saw, WD-40, a sharpie, measuring tap, sand paper, and safety glasses.

To make things easier for myself I started off by spraying WD-40 on the rubber hooks the stock exhaust is attached to then I measured 3 1/2 inches from the weld of the stock muffler on both sides. With my electric saw I cut the stock mufflers off (be sure to not hit anything with the saw while cutting). The stock mufflers are attached to rubber rings at the top so that muffler hooks will need to be removed from those rubber holders. Next grab some sandpaper and smooth out the area that you just cut. Rough edges can create a leak. The MRT exhaust fits directly onto the cut then the clamp provided is used to secure the new exhaust along with the existing rubber hooks.

Thats pretty much all there is to it. The exhaust takes a little bit of driving to break it in but it sounds fantastic.
    Attached Files

Thanks for the review! I get asked about this quite a bit on our social media and now I can point people to this review!

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Nice, if your keeping it for awhile, might want to get it welded on instead of clamps, I’ve had many clamps come loose in the past.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        Nice, if your keeping it for awhile, might want to get it welded on instead of clamps, I’ve had many clamps come loose in the past.
        Good point I hadn’t even thought of yet thanks for the idea

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X