Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZZP 3800 High Voltage Coil Packs

Hey there,

I don't usually complain about much when it comes to car parts, but this was an item I was excited about when I purchased and was disappointed with the result so I figured I should at least warn others before they spend their hard earned money on something that seems to be prone to premature failure.

I had the ZZP 3800 High Voltage Coil Packs installed on my '03 Bonneville SSEi (L67 Engine) for about 9 months before one of the coils started to cause a Misfire on the #4 cylinder. (So since the coils power two plugs each, I guess it half failed?).

I checked the plugs, wires, and coils through the process of elimination and swapping parts to different configurations and can say without a doubt that the ZZP Coil was the cause of the misfire. I had hoped at the very least, they'd last longer than they did. I replaced them with OE spec Dephi Coils and the car actually seems to run better overall than it did with the ZZPs.

Please note, I have not experienced any issues with any other ZZP products. I still have the alternator booster and plug wires installed on the Bonneville and will be adding a Power Log shortly. These Coil Packs just don't seem to have the longevity of the OE design.

I had planned to install a second set on my Camaro had they worked out, but I'll now be going with Delphi.

Misfires can have serious consequences for your engine and transmission if not addressed quickly, so don't risk it.

Thanks,

-Derek

Well that sucks, I have the ZZP coils on my Camaro, almost a year now, no problems so far. Did you contact ZZP to see if they would warranty the coil pack?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X