This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to: Remove Badges

(Moderators, you can sticky if you want)

Write up: How to remove badges (without using a hot gun or hair dryer)

DISCLAIMER: This is just to help you manage a way to remove a badge off your car, I had experience on two cars without incident. So please do this at your own risk and I am not held responsible for your mistakes, good luck!

Tools needed:
    Floss or fishing wire
    Time
    A nice sunny day
    Pine-sol or cleaning solution
    2 clean towels

**Bare with me, I do not have pictures I just know if I describe it well enough, you guys can follow with no issues (I hope :p)

Step 1: Take a look at the badge (it could be a factory badging for the model or dealership badging), see how it sticks onto your car, don't attempt to get a firm hold of the badging and rip it off, because in result you will have either a half-way broken badging or possible clear coat or paint damage. If the badging has a black rubber like double tape, then proceed. If the badging has actual tape, then proceed with more patience.

Step 2: Go into your house and look for some floss or fishing wire (floss is cheaper), take a string about half of your arm length. Wrap it around your finger as if you are about to floss your own teeth. Stay angled from the badge and place the string at the opposite side, pulling the string towards you.

Step 3: Like flossing begin pulling opposite hands while pulling the string towards you. The floss will break sometime, that's why it easier to bring the whole thing and it's cheap (versus the fishing wire, which won't break as easy).

Step 4: As you slowly come through the tape, stop and look at your progress, not all of the tape will come off easy. You will have leftovers, don't worry about it yet. Continue doing step 3 until you have come through all the way.

Step 5: The badging should come off easily, if not try a little twisting until it comes off. If you are still having issues, start back to step 3 and make sure you have gone through all the way.

Step 6: By this time, the badging should be off completely and you are left with some sticky leftovers. No worries, take one towel and put a light amount of cleaning solution (I used Pine-sol). Start rubbing the sticky stuff off, if it doesn't come off easy, used your finger nail and rub it off.

Step 7: As soon as all the leftovers are off, take the other towel and dry it off.

Congrates! You have sucessfully removed a badging off your car! :cool:

If you have any issues feel free to PM me and I will try to help as best as possible.

Re: Write up: How to remove badges

Nice write up. I generally use goo-gone to remove the residue after the badge is removed. Also, don't for get to clean off whatever chemical you use to remove the residue then hit the spot with some wax.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
      Hello everyone!
      by Andy H
      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
      3 weeks ago
    • 3.4 slow to go
      hey there strangers!
      by 3.4 slow to go
      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X