ZZP 3.8 Water Pump Underdrive Pulley - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZZP 3.8 Water Pump Underdrive Pulley

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZZP 3.8 Water Pump Underdrive Pulley

ZZP Water Pump Underdrive Pulley

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...y/100_3498.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...y/100_3485.jpg

This modification can be purchased at: http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...ts1.php?id=196

You may also have luck finding it at www.clubgp.com in the for sale forums.

Installation

Installing this part is extremely simple. If you can change a belt you can install this pulley.

The first step is to loosen the bolts on the water pump pulley. Do this while the belt is tensioned as it will make it much easier to loosen the 4 bolts.

Once the bolts are loose, turn the belt tensioner pulley. To do this simply press downward as if you were trying to loosen the nut in the tensioner pulley. It should swing downward.

With the tension relieved on the WP Pulley remove it. What you will see will look like this:

Place the ZZP Pulley back onto the waterpump and tighten the bolts by hand. Fix the belt back around the pulley correctly, and then with tension back on it tighten the bolts.

Be sure to check that the belt is installed correctly. If you need it, the belt routing is displayed on the stock radiator shroud.

Here's a look at the final product.

Results:
    Clearly something small like this is not going to produce any seat of the pants difference. The ZZP website does claim 3 hp on a stock engine, and possibly more on a modified setup. I noticed no increase in engine temperature after installing the pulley. I did put in a 160* thermostat at the time of the install for what it's worth.

Pros
    • Relatively cheap modification
    • Extremely easy installation
    • Can be used with the stock size belt

Cons
    • Small HP gains
    • No longer available in clear annodized
    • Possible temperature increase (though i didn't notice any)

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Re: ZZP 3.8 Water Pump Underdrive Pulley

i got mine in clear annonized i guess
    is yours painted?
    another reason i bought mine was because i heard that the lighter weight pulley made the pump last longer?
    it wasnt worth the price i paid
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
      i got mine in clear annonized i guess
      is yours painted?
      another reason i bought mine was because i heard that the lighter weight pulley made the pump last longer?
      it wasnt worth the price i paid
      Mine is black painted or powdercoat, who knows. And yes, I would imagine that with a slightly reduced load on the waterpump it would last that much longer.
      Last edited by Loochy88; 05-01-2006, 03:12 AM.

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

you have a 3.9 liter? heh
        i just replaced my old w/p too... it was all corroded(i dont know why)
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
          you have a 3.9 liter? heh
          i just replaced my old w/p too... it was all corroded(i dont know why)
          yeah, its the +.1 option :D

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Loochy88
            ZZP Water Pump Underdrive Pulley
            This modification can be purchased at: http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...ts1.php?id=196

You may also have luck finding it at www.clubgp.com in the for sale forums.
            I know where you got yours from ;)
            Wery nice writeup! Is that missing bolt on waterpump or that is a pin guide?

Comment

Originally posted by iGoRa
              I know where you got yours from ;)
              Wery nice writeup! Is that missing bolt on waterpump or that is a pin guide?
              hmm, good guestion (and good eye). Ill have to check when i get home in a couple of weeks.

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                2 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                2 weeks ago
              • ssms5411
                Had to get another phone
                by ssms5411
                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X