How to convert your 93 thru 97 to a 98 &00 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to convert your 93 thru 97 to a 98 &00

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to convert your 93 thru 97 to a 98 &00

Hi i just wanted to make a poll on how to convert your 93 thru 97 to a 98 & 00 look, i'll be listing everything i used to convert my car.
    1- new fenders left and right side they could be used it doesnt matter look in ebay i found mines there.
    2- new brackets why your new fenders lenght its shorter and the set up is diferent so therefore your gona need upper and lower brackets for both sides also L brackets left and right.
    3- upper support bar, it holds your headlights and bumper in place.
    4- front bumper impact bar is different 93 to 97 is longer, the new ones are shorter because of the foam.
    5- inner foam depending on wich look u go for they are both different.
    6- headlights with motors, make sure u test the motors before instaslling it u could find a brass gear in ebay it be worth it, if u took the time to test them. Also buy two 5 pin connector pig tails it would make it easier for wiring, also to get all your lines straight before installing your front bumper put your headlights and hood, remove the headlights door and bezel there you find 3 torkz screw loosen them up, now your headlight can move up and down, left and right until your happy with your alignment then tighten them up.
    7- parking lights, depending on the look your going for firebird or trans am they're different.
    8- marker lights for the front bumper.
    9- the hood, save the lacht you may need it for the new one.
    10- front bumper and license plate cover
    11- fog lights, you could wired them to your parking lights so when you turn your park lights they would come on and stay on even with your high beams.

I hope this would help and answer any question you may have. Feel free to email me here is a link to pictures of my conversion before and after.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2131767/1
    <a href=\"http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=familyhalloweenbird0011rs.jpg\" target=\"_blank\"></a>

About how much did it cost you?

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
    1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
    1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

about 1500.00 but i made all my money back when i sold the parts that i removed, i bought everything thru ebay except the brackets i bought that from oem-parts-.com. I made double what i spend so it was basically free.
      <a href=\"http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=familyhalloweenbird0011rs.jpg\" target=\"_blank\"></a>

Comment

how much did u cost you to repaint the whole car? did u go to a GM dealership and do it or some third party place?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          2 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          2 weeks ago
        • ssms5411
          Had to get another phone
          by ssms5411
          Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X