Energy Suspension Transmission Mount - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Energy Suspension Transmission Mount

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Energy Suspension Transmission Mount

First off this is a "pretty basic" install if you know how to use simple tools the hardest part will prob be when you have to trim up your crossmember.

Tools.
    1.A jack and a few jackstands or a ramp will work
    2.15mm socket
    3. a 6 inch extension for the passenger side crossmember bolts
    4.13mm socket for tranny bolts bolt for the trany mount
    5.Possibly some washer to shim up the mount
    6.Dremel

Part # for tranny mounr
    This is the part # from jegs 355-3-1108G

Ok jack the vehicle up to were you can get in and out comfortable then support it with jack stands.

Next remove the 4 crossmember bolts with the 15mm socket lightly lossen them all so that the crossmember doesnt nail you in the face belive me it hurts :mad: .

Before the crossmember will come off you have the remove the middle nut which holds the trany mount to the crossmember.

Next remove the crossmember and you should be able to see the tranny mount remove the remaining 2 bolts with a 13mm socket. Also make sure you do not throq out in bolts yetyou might need them.

Now this is were it gets trick the instructions in the kit dont really help so try to follow me.

When you take the mount out of the package you should get the mount and a metal plate the looks like a spacer.

The spacer looking deal has to go on.

Mount the tranny mount where the buldge in it is facing the rear the bulge sticks out a pretty good ways so you cant miss it.

Now heres where the cutting begins the tranny mount holes dont exactly line up with our crossmember so we have to trim it up, for some people it is only a 1/2 inch forward.

Mine was about 3/4 inch forward and 1/2 inch to the drivers side so i just made a sqaure cut to where i could still get the bolt in which know takes the palce of where the nut was in the crossmember that comes with the kit and i could still get some washers on the bolt.

After you figure out where you need to cut get a drimel or cut off wheel and make your cuts.

Now go back under there and tighten the crossmember back in place but you might not be through yet.

Go ahead amd start your car up and if you feel like its got an ungodly vibration dont worry thats normal.

All you need to do is put some washer in between the bolt to the tranny mount and the crossmmember to space it out because the vibration is the tranny shaking on the crossmember.

I never had to do this but some have had to. And dont worry if the vibration is still there the mount should break in by about about 500 miles.

If you have an ? hit me up on AIM at ls1ramair19 or my email at ls1ramair19@yahoo.com

Pro's
    1. Much stronger than stock
    2. Very easy to install
    3. Usally last a lifetime

Con's
    1.Have to cut crossmember
    2.May vibrate the car for awhile
    3. Makes the tranny sit lower than stock postion

[ August 11, 2005, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: therock ]
    Last edited by FirebirdGT; 07-17-2011, 03:37 PM.
    1999 Firebird 3.8 Chamelon<br /><br />MagnaFlow Catback<br /><br />Devon

Re: Energy Suspension Transmission Mount

when i did this i placed a jack and a block of wood under the tranny pan to retain its original location, then i just filled in the space left with washers and i have absolutely no extra vibration.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
      Hello everyone!
      by Andy H
      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
      2 weeks ago
    • 3.4 slow to go
      hey there strangers!
      by 3.4 slow to go
      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
      2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X