This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMR Non-Adjustable Upper A-Arms

A few months ago my bushings in my upper a-arms went bad and were making noise. Since it is not possible to change these bushings i had to put new upper a-arms in. I figured i might as well go aftermarket because GM always wants to much for OEM parts. I found a pair of tubular upper A-arms from BMR at www.bmrfabrication.com . I decided against the adjustable (really only for money reasons) and went with the cheaper 200 dollar standards. They gave me polly bushings instead of rubber which was another plus. After holding both stock and the BMR a-arms i could tell these were much lighter than the OEM stamped steel ones, and seemed stronger. Once they were installed i noticed a slight difference in handling but not much. Overall i am happy because they did get rid of one of my many squeeks and i feel they are much better quality than the stockers. The install guide for these is available on the BMR website.

pros:
    </font>
    • They change you over to polly bushings</font>
    • They seem stronger than stock</font>
    • They are deffinately much lighter than stock</font>

cons:
    </font>
    • They do not supply the ball joints needed to install them.</font>
    • If you dont need new bushings you money could be better spent elsewhere</font>
    • Dont offer much better handling.</font>

[ February 12, 2005, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Stefan ]
    2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

i think you should add info on how to install it, etc.

Comment

The install guide is available from their website so i dont see the reason in explaining the install. Its pretty easy though (i didnt do mine but helped my friend put some new stockers on his and its easy enough that you could just figure it out on the fly).
      2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
        Had to get another phone
        by ssms5411
        Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
        1 week ago
      • ssms5411
        Leaking front cover
        by ssms5411
        So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
        2 weeks ago
      • transamtom1
        Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
        by transamtom1
        Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X