Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe they started offering the power antenna on camaro's in 01... Not 100% sure. But I'm positive the GM TA antenna is a perfect replacement for both firebirds and camaro's.

Splicing into the remote wire is similar to installing an amp. No real biggie, as long as your not just trying random wires.
    Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
    "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
    http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

I think it was DrMilhouse that said in my other post that the TA antennas had a weird angle on it and it wouldnt line up right with the camaro rear fender. I dont know if this is true or not. Im just gonna get a cheap generic brand. I found the article about the power antenna in a Camaro and found out that the green wire on the back of the HU is the switched 12V wire that you use for the antenna.
      <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Comment

All I know is that I have both conectors on my passanger side, I also had another connectoer that was long and flat which might be for a factory CD changer or something, but what I don't get is why the firebirds and camaros would be any different in that area, have any of you checked around in the black tube cover for the three wire connector?
        Then: 1997 3.8L Red Firebird~SOLD!~<p>Now: 2002 Atlantic Blue Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

Ok guys, I finally went out and checked my car to see what this connector is that a couple of you found. The connector with 4 wires (blue, green, black, and orange) is for the shock sensor for the factory alarm. I have the factory alarm so mine is hooked up to the sensor. The two wire connector (tan, red) is for the rear hatch speaker. I believe you have to have the monsoon system for this to be hooked up. This connector is probably on the drivers side as well. I have it on both sides hooked to the speakers. The factory cd changer cable is only on the drivers side. It is usually in a bundle and taped to the wire for the rear speakers. The only other connector that I could think of that is on the passenger side is for the monsoon amp. It is a flat connector but I didnt check how many wires are going into it. I also didnt take out my spare so theres probably a few more connectors that I havent mentioned. Hope this clears some things up.
          <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Comment

Let's hear it for SO98C for handling this. Thanks man. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

Glad I could help. :D

[ May 08, 2002: Message edited by: SunsetOrange98Camaro ]</p>

Comment

so is it possable to replace the stock one with a power one? or would new wires need to be run. I have monsoon and alarm, so all those connections are taken

Comment

Yes it is possible, its just not a plug & play thing though. If you have the wiring harness for the stock shock sensor I believe there is a constant 12V power in there, maybe the orange one?? I will have to check that. If so you could tap this for the constant power. Then make your ground connection with a bare piece of metal somewhere back there. Then you would have to tap the green wire on the back of the HU for a switched power source that would activate the relay in the power antenna to tell it to go up or down.

Comment

Re: Power Antenna

Install instructions:

http://www.blackcamaro.com/antenna.htm
                    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X