Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Contribution to Fuel Pump Deck

THIS IS FOR +99 3.8 CAMAROS.

Finally, I ended the project that I started last year. I took my time since this is not the only car I use to conmute. I'm glad of not spending a lot of money with the mechanic.

I spend $154 in the delphy fuel pump http://www.ebay.com/itm/110784556075...84.m1439.l2649 (the full assembly-drop and go-it helped my fuel gauge) and only less than 30 dollars in a great rotary tool like dremel http://www.ebay.com/itm/120796851556...84.m1439.l2649 10,000-35,000 rpm variable speed dial, 3 year warranty.

I was kind of nervous cutting the deck, specially when I saw how close was the metal from a fuel line on the driver's side as you see in the first two pics.

So, to cut with confidence that side, I cut first the other three sides, and for the 4rd side I used a piece of metal sheet and a handsaw between the upper fuel line and the metal as you see in 3rd and 4th pics.

I painted the deck with rustoleum in order to avoid corrosion from the underside. Personally, I like the way it looks.

I forgot to mention about how I removed the metal ring that seals the fuel pump. With the advice of a mechanic, I borrowed a blunt chisel (the more blunt the better) and I hit the ring with a hammer three times (one time per tab). I hit it really hard, with balls and with confidence, and it turned fast. If you don't do it this way but little by little, it will take you forever and you will wear and damage the ring.

I hope this small contribution be added to other great ideas I have found to do this project.

Attached Files
    Last edited by FirebirdGT; 01-24-2012, 12:57 PM.
    Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Re: My Contribution to Fuel Pump Deck

Holy self tappers! Worried that sheet metal is gonna blow off?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Re: My Contribution to Fuel Pump Deck

lol well i've seen a floorboard drop out of a car before(fast and the furious) so you can't be to cautious. cool write up tho!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        8 hours ago
      • ssms5411
        Had to get another phone
        by ssms5411
        Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
        1 week ago
      • ssms5411
        Leaking front cover
        by ssms5411
        So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
        2 weeks ago
      • transamtom1
        Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
        by transamtom1
        Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X