This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Search

I'd like to also add, mainly for newbies sake, but for others sake too.. If you search for something with the search function, it would be helpful if the stickies would show up first if what was searched for was mentioned in the stickies. Currently it goes chronologically, and that's fine, but the stickies tend to cover things more thoroughly..hence why they are sticky, so it would make searching a lot quicker if stickies popped up first so they could look in there.

guess that's 4 cents now.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

maybe someone should actually look at this thread.

since this is for actual search items i'll give another example of what i cannot search because of the elimination of short words.

I tried searching "nu finish" to see if i could find the good and bad and what people thought of it since it seems to be a nice product. After clicking "search," i was left with the maximum (200) threads that contained the word "finish." Obviously that is not going to help me AT ALL. many hours could be saved if we were just able to search things in quotes to include short words that are important and greatly narrow the search by not only searching all words, but in phrase form!
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

And I will add again. I tried searching "o2 sensor size" to see if I could get a straight answer on the wrench size of an oxygen sensor. ofcourse, with this short word eliminator, I cannot search for "o2" It is not too common or too short to show up any results, and therefore the search was useless. I would love to see quotes allowing us to search short words or acronyms, as "oxygen sensor" gave me two irrelevant threads.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

screw a wrench, get a o2 sensor socket.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

I for one have no complaints.

After visiting thirdgen.org i realized how lucky we all are, there are so many threads on thats site! i can't believe people actually get help on there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              3 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X