Just Another V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Another V6

Jen turns 40 this year & she just got a big promotion at work, picked this up for her last week:

2020 F-Type

The 2021's are out with a different body-style, this car had been sitting on the floor for months. Cars at Jaguar are not moving at all, I think I got a pretty good deal in the end.

Getting a full PPF wrap this week.

<a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Nice looking car, what color wrap?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Looks good. I have never been a huge fan of the Jags but their new models in my opinion are looking pretty sweet and a lot more modern

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Nice! Jags are under-rated in my opinion. My buddy has an 2013 XKR and it is one of the nicest cars I've ever driven.

I've loved the F-Type since they came out. Seems to be a good time to buy a car. I too am curious about the colour. Congrats to Jen. She's going to love that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          Nice looking car, what color wrap?
          Thanks - I just do a clear XPEL PPF. I was just gonna get a bra, but the red looks just as difficult as my black trucks. The kids are hell on the paint running between the cars so we're going with the full wrap. On the green F-Pace, we're going on 3 years with the clear bra and its pretty much flawless.

I don't think the car has nearly the performance as a Corvette or Camaro, but I think its a little more refined and definitely unique out here in the country.

Comment

That's a good looking jag. I'm guessing that's the supercharged v6. What's the rating on that.
            Last edited by 2.8 Bird; 05-06-2020, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
              That's a good looking jag. I'm guessing that's the supercharged v6. What's the rating on that.
              Yeah - 380 HP supercharged V6. I think its the same motor as we've got with the F-Pace

Comment

That’s sweet. Nice car.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Very nice numbers. Being that's an AWD I bet that thing launches great.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                    Very nice numbers. Being that's an AWD I bet that thing launches great.
                    Jen originally wanted the all-electric AWD I-Pace but the specs & colors weren't very good. The acceleration on it though was out of this world.

Comment

How did the all electric feel with no engine sound to complete the experience package? I have heard it is like a roller coaster?

Comment

That is one clean engine! I wish mine was that clean lol

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by Lightspeed View Post
                          How did the all electric feel with no engine sound to complete the experience package? I have heard it is like a roller coaster?
                          This was my first electric car ride - I guess it sounds like an electric golf car on a super smooth surface. Jaguar cheats a little and they pump fake motor sounds through the radio.

It did feel like all 4 wheels were the limiting factor on how fast it would accelerate.

The PPF is done and they did a pretty good job. It covered up 100% of the swirls and looks perfect in the sun. This morning we dropped it off at the body shop to look at the panel alignments. Being an OCD engineer with calipers has its drawbacks.

Comment

That’s pretty cool, only time I got close to one was at the doctors office, a Tesla was backing out next to me, it was so quiet, it freaked me out when it started moving.lol No sound I could hear.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                              hey there strangers!
                              by 3.4 slow to go
                              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                              8 hours ago
                            • ssms5411
                              Had to get another phone
                              by ssms5411
                              Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                              1 week ago
                            • ssms5411
                              Leaking front cover
                              by ssms5411
                              So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                              2 weeks ago
                            • transamtom1
                              Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                              by transamtom1
                              Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X