My moms 2005 Buick Lasabre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My moms 2005 Buick Lasabre

So went to replace the pads and rotors on it. Rockauto sent me the wrong A/C delco rotors, too thick with new pads so got new rotors from Oreillys. Going good except stripped the drivers side caliper. So go to Oreillys and get home and wrong caliper , so make another 70 mile round trip and get the right caliper. Didn’t mind since wanted to replace it anyways since she had a shake when braking and I think it was the drivers side that was doing it. Hence why I changed the rotors. Bled the brakes and test drove it. Second test drive brakes feel good but got about 3 miles pulled into the gas station and getting smoke from the front brakes. Had to look it up but they say it’s normal for new pads and rotors to smoke alittle and that’s what they did. Freaked me out.lol Got it home and next day took it for a spin and no smoke. Needs rear pads but I think I’ll let the shop do it. Lol
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Did you set the pads? Every time I install new pads I take the car that night and go 50-0 braking very firmly, 60-0,70-0, 90-0, 100-0 - of course that is in km/h so convert it to mph and do the same. Then go park the car over night. The brakes will be smoking like crazy but they will now be seated in nicely.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
      Did you set the pads? Every time I install new pads I take the car that night and go 50-0 braking very firmly, 60-0,70-0, 90-0, 100-0 - of course that is in km/h so convert it to mph and do the same. Then go park the car over night. The brakes will be smoking like crazy but they will now be seated in nicely.
      Sort of did it that way, just never had new brakes smoke before, freaked me out. Even when we did the brakes on the Camaro in January it never smoked. That was the 98+ upgrade with new rotors and Hawks pads. Drove it a couple of miles yesterday no smoke so should be good.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I did brake change on a 01 buick regal. It was pretty basic and no issue. I think they are the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
          I did brake change on a 01 buick regal. It was pretty basic and no issue. I think they are the same thing.
          Yeah, wasn’t too bad but getting the wrong rotors and stripping the caliper bolts and getting the wrong caliper just set me back.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
            Hello everyone!
            by Andy H
            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
            2 weeks ago
          • 3.4 slow to go
            hey there strangers!
            by 3.4 slow to go
            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X