My SRT4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SRT4

Was lurking around in the forums, and figured I would toss out an update of how my new car is doing.

I traded in my Pewter 2000 Y87 Camaro for a Stone White 2005 SRT4 a few years back. Car was completely stock, save for a CAI when I started out.

Replaced little pieces here and there to help traction, and added a handheld tuner to tweak the stock settings. With what's considered a large 4 banger (2.4L) and a tiny turbo, the thing was a low range torque monster. At that point, the car dyno'ed 260 whp and 300 wtq at 18 psi.

This summer, I just finished swapping in the new turbo, a Garrett GT3071r. It has an external wastegate setup with a Turbonetics 38mm. Exhaust on the car is a 3" electronic cutout off of the downpipe. Haven't had it dyno'ed yet, but the butt dyno shows a pretty hefty improvement. Running 24 psi on this setup, with almost no traction in 1st and 2nd gear.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
    Attached Files
    2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Re: My SRT4

Those things are pretty quick little pocket rockets.

Do you have any 1/4 mile times?

Comment

Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post
      Those things are pretty quick little pocket rockets.

Do you have any 1/4 mile times?
      Last summer at 260 wheel, I ran a 13.9 on crappy tires on a hot day. (excuses)

I pulled even with a buddy of mine that has a turbo 240sx on a lower boost setting with my new turbo. He normally runs a 12.7, so I'm hoping for low 12's on street tires later this summer after I'm tuned.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
      2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
        Hello everyone!
        by Andy H
        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
        3 weeks ago
      • 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X