mods on the TBSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mods on the TBSS

seems the mod fever still has its grip on me, so i've been getting my hands dirty on the new truck quite a bit since i picked it up. did a bunch of work today, here's how she sits currently:

painted the stock 20's

she'll be getting a tune after i piece together my borla setup. as of now, it's straight piped and sounds monsterous, and i threw in an IEATSRT8 intake and supporting mods.
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Re: mods on the TBSS

If your stock tune is anything like my stock tune on my 08' ,you won't need to do anything I messed with mine alittle bit ,but it was already great from the factory.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Beauty.

I want one so bad... GMT 360 is just the best sized platform to date from any SUV.

Any vids?
      In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
      2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        If your stock tune is anything like my stock tune on my 08' ,you won't need to do anything I messed with mine alittle bit ,but it was already great from the factory.
        quite the opposite here actually. every forum or post i've read up on raves about the difference in the vehicle from a good quality tune even with the lightest of bolt-ons. runs lean very easily and kills mpg, but also quite a bit of hp is free'd up with the tune. a lot of the intakes and top end work you can do to these trucks actually REQUIRE a tune, they make a huge difference.

Originally posted by 1997Canadian3.8 View Post
        Beauty.

I want one so bad... GMT 360 is just the best sized platform to date from any SUV.

Any vids?
        thanks man! i love this truck more and more every time i do even the slightest mod. i'll see if i can get some decent quality vids from my droid so you guys can hear and see. she's quickly catching a good reputation around town as the "mean @ss truck" haha. there are only 3 of these i've seen within the surrounding area and mine is the only one with mods other than paint.

between the agressive exhaust, smoked tails, tint, bright hids, and the newly painted rims...she catches a lot of looks now. a cop spun around and followed me home the first night i drove her as soon as i had finished the rims. and boy was he loooooookin hard lol.
        pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

Mines a 4x4 so its probably different than the regular 6.0. But it still gets up and goes.lol
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Those trucks need a retune from the start. Love to eat trannies. Local LS tuner to me (slowhawk) has seen a lot of these trucks and tweaks the tune to help the tranny. that and install a tranny cooler if you dont have one already.

87 Firebird RIP
            96 Camaro RS RIP
            94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
            02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
              Mines a 4x4 so its probably different than the regular 6.0. But it still gets up and goes.lol
              these come in 2WD or AWD as the only options. mine is the all wheel drive version (non-defeatable)

Originally posted by SilverRS96 View Post
              Those trucks need a retune from the start. Love to eat trannies. Local LS tuner to me (slowhawk) has seen a lot of these trucks and tweaks the tune to help the tranny. that and install a tranny cooler if you dont have one already.
              amen to that. i wish they would've borrowed the tranny from the GCSRT8 to start out with or at least put in a 4L80E to help handle the power. i discovered my trans was shot within the first week of buying it and had the dealer put in a new one with warranty...second gear was toast even under normal driving conditions. major weak point on these trucks. but yes they definitely need/benefit from a tune even bone stock. guys on the boards are seeing 30-40 on the wheels from headers, exhaust, and a solid tune. and absolutely helps the transmission survive as well.

sigpic

Comment

SilverRS - are you aware of any reliable tuners in VA or within a reasonable drive that work on these trucks? i dont wanna take it to just some guy that's used to vettes and strap it up.

sigpic

Comment

http://www.raceprovenmotorsports.net/

87 Firebird RIP
                  96 Camaro RS RIP
                  94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                  02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

ty sir!

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X