X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twin turbo 89 iroc

since theres no v8 section lmao
    anyways heres my v6's big brother
    car started life as an 89 iroc with a l98 motor, previous owner yanked out the tpi motor and installed a 70's truck motor with a carb.

was a total hack job as well

first order of business rip out all the junk

what was left of the stock ecm and harness

got the engine bay to looklike this in a day

Re: twin turbo 89 iroc

picked this up to replace the carb

Comment

and since i dislike chrome

built a ne wharness for the megasquirt ecm

Comment

65# low -z precision turbo injectors

32x12x4 with 3inch in and outlet intercooler and 3 inch pipes

Comment

this is the original turbo i bought for the car
          freshly rebuilt garrett t6 76mm turbo i only paid 112$'s for it

cleaned it up a bit

then i ended up deciding to go with twins so i sold the t76
          this is were i was going to mount the t76

Comment

figurng out the placement

ds downpipe

minor oversight on the driver side turbo going to hard to fit a filter on it

Comment

turbo discharge to intercooler

gauge panel

oil drain setup

Comment

just a pic i like
                cars currently sitting up on stands awaiting a trans swap

justa quick video testing out the revlimiters and antilag features and getting my a/e roughed in so it wouldnt stall or backfire when taking off from a dead stop while trying to dial in the tune
                http://www.streetfire.net/video/twin...ed_2386277.htm

engine specs are
                70's 4 bolt main block .030 over
                speedpro forged dome pistions 9.2-1 with a 76 cc head
                ported 882's
                slightly ported tpi
                summit racing 224/224 cam
                forged gm crank
                good rods and bolts

the turbos are 57mm units and as a pair they are good for just over 1150hp
                the car also has a nitrous system on it spraying anywere from 50-100hp shot

car will be raced at rmr and las vegas speedway plans are to smack this thing with 23+ pounds of boost + the nitrous to get it into the 8's , though i will slowly be sneaking up on that much boost, right now im at 13 psi and need larger injectors

this car is also going to world of speed in september to try to make a 200+ mph pass on the salt flats

Comment

Nice camaro.

You got mad skills with both V6 and V8. I like to see what you can do with 4th gen with a 3.8 V6.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                    Nice camaro.

You got mad skills with both V6 and V8. I like to see what you can do with 4th gen with a 3.8 V6.

thanks man ill never do a 3.8 in a 4thgen though, i like working on cars were half the engine isnt stuffed under the cow.
                    so for now ill stick with working on the 3.8 out of the buick regal for the grand national and t-type guys

if its nice and cool this weekend im going to try to finish the trans swap in the iroc.

i blew up my first built 700r4 in under 50 miles first time i hit the antilag system. tried testing the system from a roll system went active boost went to 15 psi and soon as i let go of the button i heard a loud bang and blew up the sprag in the trans.

right now i have a bone stock 700r4 in there just so i could drive the car around had to wire open the wastegates so the turbos wouldnt make any boost so it would live.

ive got a new built 700r4 going in for now and i also have a brand new 4l80 with transbrake that will eventually make its way in but im short on funds to purchase the full manual valve body and 3,500 stall converter i need to put it in

Comment

meh the weather here has sucked 100+ degrees out and then thunderstorms for all last 5 days.living on the edge of the desert sucks

hopefully this weekend will be a lil nicer weather wise, i could drive the car as is but after blowing up one semi built trans im not trusting a bonce stock unit for anything other then idling around town in the car

Comment

This is badass man. Looking forward to updates.
                        3M MAFIA
                        ________
                        | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                        Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                        sigpic

Comment

thanks man, ive been debating just driving the car as is for now till the weather cools down again, but im really afriad of the stock trans breaking the first time it makes a few psi of boost.ive prolly got another 2+ months of 100+ degree weather here

i so need an air conditioned garage lol

Comment

In Florida we get this kind of heat from the end of April to November plus high humidity.

Comment

yeah im lucky we dont get the high humidity at all, but we do get funky weather, weve had snow here in june, and last year iit was warm enough in december for shorts and a tshirt.

the coolest thing is it can be 80* outside and u look across town up at the mountains a few miles away and u can see them getting covered in snow near the tops

were i live is 6500 ft above sea level and on the edge of the desert deff makes for some interesting weather

i have 2 weeks of paid vaction comming up starting on the 19th,and my gf;s cousin is going to let me use the garage for those 2 weeks.so im hoping to get the trans swapped and a bunch of othe rlil things done with the car.
                              but the main thing will be the trans swap and installing the 10pt cage and parachute mount

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X