Looking at a Fiero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at a Fiero

There might be a new car in my near future, a 1986 Pontiac Fiero; with a built L67 swap. I should be checking it out within the week, and I will definitely keep everyone up to date. Car doesn't LOOK too good, but has a full top end rebuild, blower cam, ported blower and UIM, etc... but has possible PCM issues with the trans. The motor/trans is out of a 2000 GTP so is anyone has been involved with swapping one of these or whatnot, please let me know. I really hope I get it, this car would run like no other. I'll be keeping you all up to date, and hoping for the best.

Update, just talked to the guy, and the PCM isn't the right year, it's from a 97. Therefore, the computer isn't making the shift solenoids shift while it's in Drive. Can be manually shifted and has all new solenoids inside the trans.
    Last edited by Docta; 07-10-2012, 08:52 PM.

Re: Looking at a Fiero

Yeah, I had an '86 Fiero with 156k on it. It runs pretty good. The only problem it had was an oil leak and exhaust leak.

I sold it to this guy who was doing landscaping for my parents. He saw me driving it around and he found out I was selling it. I let it go for 1200. He said he was going to drop a SC buick engine in it and all, but I wish I never sold it to him.

He drove that car to the ground and junked it in the end. I put so much time and money restoring that car up. Body and interior was damn near perfect.

I had plans on doing the same thing as you. Your post is a sore reminder on how I wish I kept it. Good luck with your build.

Check out Pennock.nl forum. Lot of GTP build guildelines there and even parts that they can sell you. Also checkout Fierostore.com for all other parts to fully restore it.

Comment

Nice! Always thought they were a cool looking car - pics or ban!
      In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
      2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Well the car needs paint.. It's sanded anf prepped right now. Interior is clean, body is clean... the swap is already done. It's in late tuning stages right now.

Comment

I promise you your gonna sell your Fbodies and buy more Fiero's now. I miss my old Fieros :)

Comment

Sell my daily, for damn near a race car?

Comment

pick a part cpm and swap done. there also http://www.v8archie.com/v8Archie/home.htm
              1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
              2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
              94 comero 3.4

Comment

Have you looked at www.westcoastfiero.com they have everything you need for your 3.8 swaps and even v8. This place is about 70 miles from me.

Also, join www.pennock.nl

Post some pics soon.

Comment

Sadly, I won't be posting anything about it, as I felt safer attacking a hungry honey badger wearing a raw beef suit, than driving that car. It HARDLY ran, brakes were shot, trans was much worse than expected, steering sucked, and it had a small electrical fire while I was testing it, around the block. I literally ran away from it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                    Had to get another phone
                    by ssms5411
                    Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                    1 week ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Leaking front cover
                    by ssms5411
                    So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • transamtom1
                    Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                    by transamtom1
                    Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X