New whip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New whip

I'm here in Oman until the summer, and Oman is NOT a walking country. Most everything is far away and there is no public transportation of any sort. I knew that I needed a car. Rentals are expensive, and I would be driving some Kia or something. That wouldn't be ideal in a country with loads of sand dunes.

I just bought myself a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport. It's in great shape, under 90k miles. I'll get some pictures up soon, hopefully.
    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
    2006 S60- Sold
    2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Re: New whip

Here are a couple of pictures. The tint needs to go IMMEDIATELY. It is like straight black vinyl, I can't see anything.

2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
    2006 S60- Sold

Comment

Nice XJ. Looks like a clean ride that'll be good for some fun in the dunes.
      '99 Camaro
      '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
      '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

I was just looking at an XJ today. Same color even. They only want 1200 so it doesnt look anywhere near as good as that one. Love the lights on top.
        sigpic
        98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

What does the Sport package get? Above a base Cherokee...

Comment

The base Cherokee (SE) comes with a 2.5L. The Sport, Classic, and Limited come with a 4.0. The Sport is the only one from those three that comes with a manual transmission (mine is an automatic, which was an option). Other than that, I'm not really sure. The exterior is slightly different, with different trim and whatnot.

I paid more than I wanted to for this thing. I'm fine with it though. I took it to a Jeep mechanic (wish I had a picture of this place... garages in the Middle East are VERY different from the US) and he gave it a full inspection. He assured me that everything is in great shape, so I shouldn't have any costly repairs anytime soon.

I'm really hesitant to drive it a lot right now. People have told me that I WILL get pulled over with tint this dark, and it isn't in my name yet or anything. Really want to hit the dunes this weekend though.
            2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
            2006 S60- Sold

Comment

That makes sense... thanks man. Wish my Dakota was a Sport... :( Dunes are so much fun too. Only been on ATV's and dirtbikes but I'm sure its similar... What % is the tint?

Comment

The tint is "even under the Middle Eastern sun, you can't see sh!t"... whatever that % is. I'm going to guess it's 5% all around. You really can't see anything through it when you're looking in or looking out at night.
                2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                2006 S60- Sold

Comment

Congrats on the ride. How is the price of gas there???

Comment

Comes out to ~$0.95/gallon. The funny thing is that people here always talk about how expensive it is. When you head over to Saudi Arabia or Qatar it gets much cheaper. Oman has a lot of oil, but I think that they regulate the domestic price so as to ration it to a certain extent.
                    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                    2006 S60- Sold

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate View Post
                      Comes out to ~$0.95/gallon. The funny thing is that people here always talk about how expensive it is. When you head over to Saudi Arabia or Qatar it gets much cheaper. Oman has a lot of oil, but I think that they regulate the domestic price so as to ration it to a certain extent.
                      :( We are getting screwed here right now. You're lucky. Its $1.10/ Litre here. I always try and fill-up when I'm in the states.
                      In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                      2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

$0.25/liter here :p
                        2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                        2006 S60- Sold

Comment

dude ill pay the import taxes, send me some gas...it has to be cheaper than just going to the pump here hahah

Comment

ill go half on that niko.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                            Or this

Comment

You going to replace the tint with something lighter, or just rip it off? I'd imagine in a place like that tint would be very nice, but probably not that dark. Looks like a really nice truck though, and I'm loving those lights.
                              sigpic
                              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X