Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cummins.

Yep, I done did it.

Sorry all I have so far is the cell phone pics from the dealer, have pictures being emailed to me by my parents tonight hopefully since I don't have a digital camera. Would post the window sticker but I didn't seem to get one with it, I didn't even think of asking, I just drove away with it.

So its a Hunter Green 3500ST CCLB SRW w/3.73's and 6 speed manual. Anyways nothing fancy since its an ST, but does have power everything, heated mirrors, chrome appearance group, integrated trailer brake controller, sirius for a year, carpet. Lol. I do like the EVIC, I imagine it would be really nice on a Laramie or Big Horn.

First impressions are for a one ton it rides really well, maybe not quite as well as my buddies loaded '08 F250, but thats fine. Its QUIET, ridiculously so for a diesel IMO, I don't know how long I'll be able to handle that. LOVE the exhaust brake, I don't care if people hate the HE351, the integrated brake makes it all worth it. Also the 6-speed with the 3.73's seem to be a great combination. Turning radius seems to be a little worse than our '03 5.9, especially with 4wd in, I know trucks don't like to turn in 4wd but this one seems worse than the '03. Averaged 15.9 mpg on the 620 mile trip, might see a little better than that after more break-in, but 16 isn't bad since it only has 642 miles on it.

First things to be added will be a gooseneck hitch and hopefully some rhino lining. Then eventually larger tires, exhuast/intake, then since I doubt HPT will have cummins support by then still I'll probably go with a Mini Maxx from H&S, which will probably lead to a dual disc clutch shortly after.

Last edited by dgreet77; 12-05-2010, 01:06 PM.

Re: Cummins.

You would see better mileage with an exhaust/intake too. My uncle saw like a 3mpg increase with just a drop in K&N. Sounds like an awesome truck. I love the cummins.

but your pictures don't work :(
    auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
    15.11@91.14
    Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

they worked yesterday now they don't but congrats.
      Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
      1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
      1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
      2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Thanks guys!

Pictures fixed and added. :D

Comment

Congrats on the new truck bro!
          3M MAFIA
          ________
          | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
          Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
          sigpic

Comment

Nice truck!
            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Thanks again guys!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                5 hours ago
              • ssms5411
                Had to get another phone
                by ssms5411
                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                1 week ago
              • ssms5411
                Leaking front cover
                by ssms5411
                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                2 weeks ago
              • transamtom1
                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                by transamtom1
                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X