X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I got Bored

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
    It's about time you got a membership!

Engine looks pretty sweet! It's going to be fun when it's all back together!
    **** yeah it is. I thought this thing was pretty sweet before. When I had my heads cleaned, the machine shop told me only 2 of the cylinders would hold a vacuum, so I was only running full compression on those two! Hence the valve job, now all 6 pass the vacuum test. So, it's now running full compression (which was upped a tad bit when he milled the heads. Not sure how much though), supposedly has aftermarket pistons, rods, etc, has ported intake manifolds, a valve job, new rings (other ones were old and lost their tension), and everything's been cleaned up. Like I said, I thought this was a quick car before, it should be a lot better now :)
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod.sixty9 View Post
      HS@Post #10

I need to visit you and learn some ****! Seriously, need some help?
      And thats your shed? Baller..

I can smell my modem burning :(
      Get off that damn 56k and you might :P

Seriously though, what do you want to learn? Everything I know has been taken from here, common knowledge, or a Haynes manual. You just have to man up enough to go out and try it. If you break it, buy another or find a way to fix it :). And yes, that's OUR shed. Our as in my dad's too, not just mine. We have our tools, our quads (just sold mine), our gutter supply for our gutter company (just sold it), etc. We're working on getting walling up. The lighting is OK (8 double fluorescent tubes), but helps out alot. We're supposed to add another slab to the rear and build an enclosed lean-to to put our 80G compressor (using a 6 gallon paint sprayer right now). Still have some wiring to do, and then we want the Sear's garage set-up put in there (cabinets, benches, etc etc with some nice checkered flooring). Just another one of our long-term projects. Only thing I don't like, is it's not big enough :P. It's a 20x24 metal building, and with a vehicle in there, you can't put much. As you can see, we have it loaded up; engine hoist, engine stand, four-wheeler, go-kart, various shelves, a few carts, small compressor, big compressor, belt sander, grinder, wire wheel, saw-jig, drill press in there somewhere, etc. Only thing it's missing is the kitchen sink and we're thinking of adding one so we don't have to track back through the house with greasy hands!
      Last edited by RadRacer; 03-16-2008, 12:41 AM.
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer View Post
        Get off that damn 56k and you might :P
        I wish, live to far out of town...

Seriously though, what do you want to learn? Everything I know has been taken from here, common knowledge, or a Haynes manual. You just have to man up enough to go out and try it. If you break it, buy another or find a way to fix it .
        Easier said than done because you have:

that's OUR shed. Our as in my dad's too, not just mine. We have our tools, our quads (just sold mine), our gutter supply for our gutter company (just sold it), etc. We're working on getting walling up. The lighting is OK (8 double fluorescent tubes), but helps out alot. We're supposed to add another slab to the rear and build an enclosed lean-to to put our 80G compressor (using a 6 gallon paint sprayer right now). Still have some wiring to do, and then we want the Sear's garage set-up put in there (cabinets, benches, etc etc with some nice checkered flooring). Just another one of our long-term projects. Only thing I don't like, is it's not big enough :P. It's a 20x24 metal building, and with a vehicle in there, you can't put much. As you can see, we have it loaded up; engine hoist, engine stand, four-wheeler, go-kart, various shelves, a few carts, small compressor, big compressor, belt sander, grinder, wire wheel, saw-jig, drill press in there somewhere, etc. Only thing it's missing is the kitchen sink and we're thinking of adding one so we don't have to track back through the house with greasy hands!
        You just dont want the company do ya? LOL

All in all I just think it would be cool to check out a rebuild. Your far more skiled than I am so I couldnt help anyway.
        sigpic
        98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

If i had a beater, my engine would be being built up right now. But I have to take it one step at a time. My heads are done at 9.9:1 CR, 5 angle valve job, ported, etc. Just need to assemble them with the springs that I need to order and I'll put them in with a cam. Gas prices kind of stopped me in my tracks though for a while. Hence why i haven't ordered the springs/cam yet.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
            If i had a beater, my engine would be being built up right now.
            LOL that being directed at me? Beaters gotta be fixed first LOL
            sigpic

Comment

eh, brakes aren't important.
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

LOL Ill use a rope and anchor!
                sigpic

Comment

Man, I so should have bought that Ninja the other day. '05 Metallic white Ninja KZ600R with 2400 miles for $4K out the door......Thing looked real good, loved the paint job.
                  ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                  A few things

Comment

I used to want a bike bad. But my cousins were EMTs and quickly talked me out of it. Too dangerous, not the bike, other ppl. Especially US1...

Id use the money for the car :D
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, my G/F has offered to buy me one if I find a good deal :). I'll be taking the backroads to and from school, and my work (not the pizza delivery job). That'll knock alot of my miles off my car, and save me a **** load in gas :) She says yes, parents say no :(. Dad's in the middle; he owns a bike and lets me ride it every once in a while, and loves it and thinks I should get into it too; mom flat-out says no :(.
                      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                      A few things

Comment

Go talk to an EMT whos been on the job say 3 months. They WILL talk you out of it LOL! But what can I say, I have an Excel, just as dangerous LOL!

If your GF offers to buy, Id tell here LS1 stat!
                        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                          Had to get another phone
                          by ssms5411
                          Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                          1 week ago
                        • ssms5411
                          Leaking front cover
                          by ssms5411
                          So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                          2 weeks ago
                        • transamtom1
                          Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                          by transamtom1
                          Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X