X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Retarted clutch...

I know all about the intake problems. Good luck with it
    Originally posted by kala
    I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
    parting her out

Comment

damn dude....its time to murder somebody

Comment

yep ouch on the intake gasket...

mine went, never overheated but coolant in oil, oil in coolant and my engine was knocking.

Killed my motor, that is when I came to the realization, the 3.8L isn't the god of motors we all like to think of, and ditched the car while I could get some money out of it(only going to plummet more in value as the new one comes out, might already have plummeted to the point)

Comment

Dealership diagnostic just came in right after I got off of my drill work period...blown engine. This is sad that an engine that was perfect 3 weeks ago got fubared between then and now. I'm looking at two options...rebuild or replace...I'm looking at a replace, because the dexcool being in the cylinders could cause future corrosion problems...it already corroded the thermostat twice, and corroded the coolant lines inside the engine. I'm floored that this happened, because in just a month, I' have paid/will be paying over $5000 in repairs and replacements. I paid $5755 for the car...and I'm beginning to wonder who ****ed it up and when.

I ate a bowl of fail this morning.
          Quarter Million Mile Club

Comment

If the first mechanic shop improperly installed the gasket and caused the engine to blow then they are liable to pay for your new engine. You need to contact them and explain what happened. The repair that they did is also guaranteed.

Comment

It better ****ing be.

Comment

You need to call the first mechanic. They might want to do the engine job themselves.

If you pay the dealer to install a new engine then you will most likely need to take the first mechanic to court to pay the bill. I seriously doubt that the first mechanic will cough up the money to pay the dealer.

Comment

How did the original problem start? Did you buy the car that way? Was it overheated? What caused the intake gasket to leak in the first place?

I just want some backround info so I can try to help you get your new engine paid by someone other then you.

Comment

When I bought it, it only needed an outer tie rod. Thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
                      Who is your family mechanic, some 3 year old with a Fisher-Price My Little Mechanic tool set?

These are reasons why I learned to work on my own car a very long time ago.
                      Originally posted by nightrider2 View Post
                      damn dude....its time to murder somebody
                      X2...
                      sigpic
                      98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

You have 2 options imo...

fix/sell the car
                        Sell the car as is.

You can dump alot of money in it and always be unhappy at how much you put into it and how you could have had a v8 by now. (I bet there are a dozen or so guys like this on this board)

I sold mine as is, got $2k for it with a blown motor, and whining rear, sold misc. mods and such for another $700. Then I bought a new car.

It sucks but the car sucks and you are getting screwed. Beyond contrary belief, a "new tranny" or "new motor" is not like a new car.

I sat down figured what the car was worth, what I have paid a month over the last 1-2 years in repairs. Then thought of the enjoyment factor.

I came to the conclusion, I'd pay less a month for a new car payment, I would get better gas, better fuel mileage, technically have more HP. And the fact I needed reliable transportation and my Camaro was by far not giving me that.

Just saying... when your done, you will have a $11k v6 f-body, that has a junkyard motor in it, will have the normal little issues going wrong and maybe a few more, since you have a motorswapped car.
                        Last edited by DAS BOOT; 03-16-2008, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                          Hello everyone!
                          by Andy H
                          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                          2 weeks ago
                        • 3.4 slow to go
                          hey there strangers!
                          by 3.4 slow to go
                          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                          2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X