This is what happen when you street race in Calif. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is what happen when you street race in Calif.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is what happen when you street race in Calif.

Originally posted by LETZRIDE
    your in control of your actions, but not how someone else interprets them
    Then limit your actions so that no mistaken interpretation can occur. If that means driving like a grandma with a broken leg, then that means you better drive like a grandma with a broken leg.

...if the cop wants to say you were racing...or you were speeding he can... in law for a traffic offence mens rea doenst have to be present, only the acteus reus...now if the cop can show the court that the acteus reus ( act of doing it) was there then it becomes a reverse onus on your part...you no longer are innocent until proven guilty, you now have to prove your innocence
    You just don't get it, do you? In your story about your boy, the cop didn't need to show anything because your friend did the cop's job for him when he did this
    judege say so you plead guilty to doing 27 km/h over the speed limit? my buddies like yep...your absolutly sure you were doing that speed? yep
    He had two opportunities to defend himself, yet he broke down like a little girl. If he would have stood his ground and made the cop show that he had actually committed the offense, it would have been thrown out. That wasn't the cop's fault, nor was it the fault of the judicial system. The blame for that is with your friend and him alone. One's right's cannot protect them once they've been forfieted.

o...but with every job comes those few jack asses...next Im sure you are about to tell me there is no such thing as a crooked cop right?
    Child, do not put words in my mouth.

every job has its wacko's...its now your unlucky day when you run into one on the road...
    I know you think you've come across everything life has to offer at the ripe old age of 19, but here's something for you to mull around a bit: You actually have very little control over your life, leaving most of life to being how you react to situations. Your friend reacted completely and entirely wrong, and was thusly boned to the tenth power.

great...I meant, now that you've done all this and lost and you know damn well your innocent now what are you going to do?
    Then I'd buy another car and move to a different area. They're just piles of plastic, metal and dinosaur rot...nothing to act like a baby over.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
      Then limit your actions so that no mistaken interpretation can occur. If that means driving like a grandma with a broken leg, then that means you better drive like a grandma with a broken leg. .
      Is that right? should it be like that? No it shouldnt, thats part of living in a free society

You just don't get it, do you? In your story about your boy, the cop didn't need to show anything because your friend did the cop's job for him when he did this

He had two opportunities to defend himself, yet he broke down like a little girl. If he would have stood his ground and made the cop show that he had actually committed the offense, it would have been thrown out. That wasn't the cop's fault, nor was it the fault of the judicial system. The blame for that is with your friend and him alone. One's right's cannot protect them once they've been forfieted. .
      I get it, I know he forfeited his rights and did it to himself, Im saying look at how easily a BS charge in the first place got out of hand...depends on the person and how they handle it...because someone doesnt know any better or because they are scared/nervous they deserve that? Im saying we need to take steps to avoid crap like that from happening in the first place...If this same incident happened a month after it did, he would have had his car impounded on the spot with no trial until a much later date...with no chance to appeal...they just passed that here couple months ago...

Child, do not put words in my mouth.

I know you think you've come across everything life has to offer at the ripe old age of 19, but here's something for you to mull around a bit: You actually have very little control over your life, leaving most of life to being how you react to situations. Your friend reacted completely and entirely wrong, and was thusly boned to the tenth power.
      Im not putting words in your mouth...Im saying that you are naiive to the fact that there are crooked cops out there...and there are always people that are jealous or w.e of the **** you have and want to take it away from you...if you havent experienced that yet, consider yourself lucky...you eventually will...

also, Id like to hope that I have not come across everything life has to offer at the tender age of 19...cause if I have, its a sad day for all of us...

Then I'd buy another car and move to a different area. They're just piles of plastic, metal and dinosaur rot...nothing to act like a baby over.

like I said different people act differently...for those of us whose cars mean a lot more to us then just pieces of plastic and metal...these sorts of things get us rattled when you realize you could be the next target...especially when you've had the joyus oppurtunity to experience what I have first hand...
      Last edited by LETZRIDE; 11-28-2007, 09:10 PM.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Is that right? should it be like that? No it shouldnt, thats part of living in a free society
        No, it's part of assessing the situation and making the best out of it.
        because someone doesnt know any better or because they are scared/nervous they deserve that?
        Yea, they do. As I said before, your rights can only protect you if you use them. They don't use them, then it's their fault.
        Im not putting words in your mouth...Im saying that you are naiive to the fact that there are crooked cops out there...
        Quote me ONCE as saying that there are no less-than-admirable cops out there.

Go ahead. Do it. I dare you.

Oh, that's right...you can't, because those are your words that you put in my mouth.

and there are always people that are jealous or w.e of the **** you have and want to take it away from you...if you havent experienced that yet, consider yourself lucky...you eventually will...
        And when that time comes, I will defend myself with the laws and rights that were created to protect me.

Comment

Quote me ONCE as saying that there are no less-than-admirable cops out there.

Go ahead. Do it. I dare you.

Oh, that's right...you can't, because those are your words that you put in my mouth.
          If you are going to quote me telling me that I put words in your mouth...then atleast get it right...I said...."next Im sure you are about to tell me there is no such thing as a crooked cop right?"

re-read that paragraph...go ahead...I dare you :D

I never said you said that...I was making a point as to how naiive you are...as in sarcasm

Comment

If you are going to quote me telling me that I put words in your mouth...then atleast get it right...I said...."next Im sure you are about to tell me there is no such thing as a crooked cop right?"
            Yea, telling me what I'll say is putting words in my mouth, smart guy.

Comment

Yea, telling me what I'll say is putting words in my mouth, smart guy.
              except your missing that sarcasm...read it one more time...

Comment

holy quote war batman

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                  holy quote war batman
                  yea...today I finally learned how to quote more then one paragraph lol...smoke forced me to

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                    Hello everyone!
                    by Andy H
                    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X