does that "Back To Black" stuff really work? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does that "Back To Black" stuff really work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does that "Back To Black" stuff really work?

i bought some of the Back To Black stuff by Mothers. i cant even think of what u call the stuff, a cream.. anyways, i used it on a car..and it looks like it does the same thing that Tire Gloss would do.. just makes it look like its wet. what could i use it on to see that it really works?

Re: does that "Back To Black" stuff really work?

It doesnt work at all. it looks good for about an hour, maybe a little longer depending on how weathered the piece you put it on was but overall its a waste of money i think.

Comment

It worked great for me, ive used several bottles of it, i recommend the product 2 :tup: :tup:
      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

I used it on my door handles, the triangle thing behind the side windows, the headlight area 93-97 maro'

weatherstripping, the windshield wiper area where all the plastic is etc etc...
        *Matt

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98
          I used it on my door handles, the triangle thing behind the side windows, the headlight area 93-97 maro'

weatherstripping, the windshield wiper area where all the plastic is etc etc...

Matthew swears by this product.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

I'm interested to try it but haven't seen it around the local places.. I'll pick some up when i do.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

works like a dream. but i was using so much of it, i decided to just make my tire shine thicker and it does a better job!!!
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

walmart has it

i used it on something and it dried back to the original color in about 2 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by JumpInTheFire.com
                  walmart has it

i used it on something and it dried back to the original color in about 2 minutes
                  It never did that for me, it would stay shiny for quite a while, maybe your plastic is so dry that it was absorbing it, and you need to do multiple applications.

Auto Zone also has it
                  *Matt

Comment

i use the armorall protectant gel. it is awesome! it's been about a week and a half and still looks shiny!

Comment

i was also trying to use it on a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo..

i dont know if u guys know what those look like. but this one has the grey plastic at the bottom of the jeep going all the way around it (front/back bumper and sides).... so anyways, it was discolored..and all real light from the sun. so i put some back to black on it and it dried out after 2 minutes. so i said forget it and i put some tire gloss on it. its shiney right now but that'll probably dry out after a week. i didnt think of applying more than one coat of the BackToBlack.. i read on a website where people use BackToBlack and ForeverBlack on the Jeeps.. so i was attempting that.

Comment

I have used it once or twice and wasn't overly impressed. I use 303 on anything rubber or plastic.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                          Had to get another phone
                          by ssms5411
                          Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                          1 week ago
                        • ssms5411
                          Leaking front cover
                          by ssms5411
                          So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                          2 weeks ago
                        • transamtom1
                          Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                          by transamtom1
                          Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X