Eagles vs. New England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eagles vs. New England

That was a very good game. It's too bad the Eagles came up short in the end, because now I have a feeling NE is going to see a 19-0 season this year. And, I would really hate to see that happen, because they will go down as 1 of the best teams ever in the NFL. Don't get me wrong, they have a pretty strong offense, but in order to be classed one of the best teams ever, you need the best team all around. This entire season, it's the offense that is winning the games, not really so much the defense. If they were to go 19-0 this season I'm sure I would here at least 2 stupid ESPN reporters try to compare their defense to someone such as the 85 Bears or even the 89 Steelers or the 92 Saints. And if I here any of those referred to as being a contender with the 07 Pats I will just flip and blow something up :P

They have a great team this year, but I desperately want to see someone upset them. Even if it is a regular season game that doesn't mean much, I still want to see it. I mean, they had the little video recording mess up this year and things like that, if they do go 19-0 it's probably going to bring that back into the limelight and question their great season from some fans, but football analysts have seem to forgot that even happened to NE, so I doubt they will be bringing it back up.

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
      that was a freaking alsome game. someone needs to take mcnabb out for good. this is what happen when we went to the big game. WE DIDN'T PLAY MCNABB. you think andy would see by now that mcnabb had this time of glory, but he's not built for our team anymore.

and we did do our philly thing. we blew it! i really don't like the pats, but i have to say that they deff do have an great team. goes to show that philly does too *without mcnabb* since we hung with them

What the hell are you talking about?? The team is built around Mcnabb.. He is our franchise player.. If you look at the stats Mcnabb and Brady are about even for there careers.. The big difference between the 2 is Mcabb has been sacked 90 more times then Brady.. Mcnabb has been in the NFL 1yr longer but has missed 19 games in his 8yrs to bradys 1 game in his 7yrs.. so when it comes down to it they have both played about 7yrs worth of games in the NFL.. here are the stats for both.. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...mzA6TjQO3.uLYF

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...mzA6TjQO3.uLYF

We saw what Mcnabb can do when he has a All pro reciever like TO.. Why cant the eagles give him another?? Why couldnt we pick up Moss or chambers?? Kevin curtis is a good reciever along with brown and lewis but its just going back to the Thrash , pinkston , and mitchel years.. but even in those years Mcnabb still led us to the NFC Championship.. I mean give the guy a break.. Besides New England we are the most successful team of this decade, and with a healthy Mcnabb we will continue to be a threat in the NFC..
      Jeff ..
      1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
      2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
      1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
      http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Well, if Mcnabb wouldn't have been an idiot and gotten himself on the cover of EA sports "Madden" he might have a much better career then what it is to date.

He's got the Madden Curse and there is nothing any of us can do to stop it :P He destined to become a washup and do poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by 1998silverbird
          What the hell are you talking about?? The team is built around Mcnabb.. He is our franchise player.. If you look at the stats Mcnabb and Brady are about even for there careers.. The big difference between the 2 is Mcabb has been sacked 90 more times then Brady.. Mcnabb has been in the NFL 1yr longer but has missed 19 games in his 8yrs to bradys 1 game in his 7yrs.. so when it comes down to it they have both played about 7yrs worth of games in the NFL.. here are the stats for both.. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...mzA6TjQO3.uLYF

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...mzA6TjQO3.uLYF

We saw what Mcnabb can do when he has a All pro reciever like TO.. Why cant the eagles give him another?? Why couldnt we pick up Moss or chambers?? Kevin curtis is a good reciever along with brown and lewis but its just going back to the Thrash , pinkston , and mitchel years.. but even in those years Mcnabb still led us to the NFC Championship.. I mean give the guy a break.. Besides New England we are the most successful team of this decade, and with a healthy Mcnabb we will continue to be a threat in the NFC..
          The Eagles as a THREAT??? THATS ****ING HILARIOUS. The Eagles don't even have a winning record, and they are LAST in their division, with Washington controlling the tiebreaker at this point, have an O-line that lets anything short of a donut thru, NO RECIEVERS worth a damn, and a running back that is carrying the team on his back. And even with a healthy McNabb, the Eagles have squandered their seasons since Super Bowl 39. McNabb is old, is made of GLASS, and worthless, and the Eagles are no better with or without him. They are a weak team in a strong division, and comparing McNabb to Brady is ****ing laughable. Besides Randy Moss, Brady MADE the recievers he had to throw to. Deion Branch was a made man when Brady was throwing to him, and Brady made him look good. McNabb doesn't do that, never will. Stats aside, McNabb can't make a player like Brady can.

Brady has more career yards, more passing TD's, more RUSHING TD's, more completions with less attempts, has been sacked less, ALL while McNabb has more fumbles lost, less yards per pass. The ONLY thing that McNabb has on Brady is interceptions, and Brady only has 8 more. So if you want to compare career stats between each other, please, be my guest. Now as for season stats.....don't even get me started. And remember, Brady has only had Moss for ONE year, McNabb had TO for THREE.

BTW, wasn't it in 2002 that McNabb and Co. got their *** handed to them by the Bucanneers in the NFC Championship game? Figure I would share some insight.:rock:
          1995 Pontiac Firebird
          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
            The Eagles as a THREAT??? THATS ****ING HILARIOUS. The Eagles don't even have a winning record, and they are LAST in their division, with Washington controlling the tiebreaker at this point, have an O-line that lets anything short of a donut thru, NO RECIEVERS worth a damn, and a running back that is carrying the team on his back. And even with a healthy McNabb, the Eagles have squandered their seasons since Super Bowl 39. McNabb is old, is made of GLASS, and worthless, and the Eagles are no better with or without him. They are a weak team in a strong division, and comparing McNabb to Brady is ****ing laughable. Besides Randy Moss, Brady MADE the recievers he had to throw to. Deion Branch was a made man when Brady was throwing to him, and Brady made him look good. McNabb doesn't do that, never will. Stats aside, McNabb can't make a player like Brady can.

Brady has more career yards, more passing TD's, more RUSHING TD's, more completions with less attempts, has been sacked less, ALL while McNabb has more fumbles lost, less yards per pass. The ONLY thing that McNabb has on Brady is interceptions, and Brady only has 8 more. So if you want to compare career stats between each other, please, be my guest. Now as for season stats.....don't even get me started. And remember, Brady has only had Moss for ONE year, McNabb had TO for THREE.

BTW, wasn't it in 2002 that McNabb and Co. got their *** handed to them by the Bucanneers in the NFC Championship game? Figure I would share some insight.:rock:
            A threat since they are 1 game back of the Lions for the wild card.. Thats still a threat in my books.. As far as Mcnabb cant make a player look good what about Bryan Westbrook, LJ smith , and of course Todd Pinkston who had comparable stats with your Beloved Deon Branch!! I mean Bradys 1st year He had the likes of Troy Brown and Terry Glen!! Those are pretty good recievers to have for a rookie and those recievers were already known good recievers before Brady even took over.. As far as the rushing td in faver of Brady um Mcnabb has 24 in his career and brady only has 5.. Mcnabb has 600 less passing yards, Mcnabb has 190 Total td's rushing and passing Brady has 191.. Stat wise they are very comparable QB's.. Oh and we only had TO for 2 years..

I also love this statement" the Eagles have squandered their seasons since Super Bowl 39." What has NE been doing.. Oh thats right I forgot they won the last 2 superbowls right?? So NE has also squandered their seasons since Super Bowl 39.
            Jeff ..
            1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
            2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
            1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
            http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

hahahahah Mcnabb as good as Brady....Troy Brown isnt a superstar player...he plays the game hard and brady made him a better player...who cares about terry glenn...never liked him at all when he was at NE...but please ill give credit to the eagles about playin NE tough cuz they had the D figured about...but im the end the better team won
              Last edited by SilverRS96; 11-28-2007, 04:38 PM.

87 Firebird RIP
              96 Camaro RS RIP
              94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
              02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by 1998silverbird
                I also love this statement" the Eagles have squandered their seasons since Super Bowl 39." What has NE been doing.. Oh thats right I forgot they won the last 2 superbowls right?? So NE has also squandered their seasons since Super Bowl 39.
                The pats made the playoffs both years and were legitimate shots of going to the superbowl both times. The eagles?... uh... no.

And i'd like to nominate both the Steelers and the Colts as the second best teams after the pats in the last 5 years (both of which could have also taken the eagles in the superbowl).

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                R.I.P. '07 Pats
                Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

haha the panthers didnt seem like they had a problem with the eagles either....better get ur garbage pickin field goal kickin tony danza back cuz i think hes ur only chance

87 Firebird RIP
                  96 Camaro RS RIP
                  02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

1). The Eagles ARE NOT BY ANY MEANS within reach of a wildcard. New Orleans, Arizona, NY Giants, Washington AND Detroit are all ahead of Philly in the wild card race as of now. Learn what tiebreakers are.

2). Im not a fan of the pats, but to compare LJ Smith and Todd Pinkston to the Deion Branch the pats knew is crazy. But the thing is, Todd Pinkston and LJ Smith can be just as ****ty with other teams as they are with the Eagles. Deion Branch was spectacular with the pats, but is not even the star with the Seahawks. My point, Brady made Branch look good, McNabb makes noone look good. And Brian Westbrook makes HIMSELF look good, he doesn't need McNabb.

3). I don't remember the pats having a losing record in the last 2 years, but I do remember a 2005 Philly Eagle team going 6-10 for the season, and finishing in the basement of the NFC East.

4). The Eagles are in the NFC, an inferior conference right now, who can barely keep their head above water to the AFC. Philly has a 2-1 record against the AFC, but it was against the Jets and Miami, two teams with a combined record of....2-20, undoubtedly the two worst teams in football right now. Now that I think of it....The Eagles have beaten ONE TEAM with a record over .500, that was Detroit. Impressive....:rolleyes:

5). McNabb is made of glass. There aren't many other QB's that have been out more than him in the league today. He's always hurt, always out, always a joke.

6). I bet money now that the Eagles won't get to the playoffs.
                    1995 Pontiac Firebird
                    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

i bet my money that the pats win the east...wait they already did...and yes i know the afc east sucks ***...

87 Firebird RIP
                      96 Camaro RS RIP
                      02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

As much as I like (root for) EAGLES, but I can't see them going to the play offs. They just don't have it in them .

:)
                        09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                        sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                          Hello everyone!
                          by Andy H
                          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • 3.4 slow to go
                          hey there strangers!
                          by 3.4 slow to go
                          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X