F' IN Kitten!!!!! HELP..!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F' IN Kitten!!!!! HELP..!

So the other night I got a black kitten. Gorgeous little thing. I'm gonna say he's about 5 months old. He is a feral cat born and living outside with other cats. I was feeding him for like 2 months and he finally let me start petting him the other night. I went back the night after that (Wed. night) with a cat carrier and grabbed him while he was eating. I've wanted to "save" him for a while now... before he dies outside from the cold.

So I bring him to my parent's house. This cat is/was going to be for my mom who lost her 10 year old cat to cancer back in February. Well... the cat is a headcase. Very shy and scared, he was burrowing under things like the couch cushions (when you're holding him) and even under the cushion of his own little bed. Basically, all you'd see are two gold eyes staring from under his bed cushion. Really cute.

So this morning, I go over and bring him downstairs from the second floor bathroom where he is kindof in "quarantine". I put him into his bed and he jumps out and hauls *** behind a wooden cabinet in the dining room. I ask my dad... do you want me to get him before I leave for breakfast? He says "no, just leave him, he'll borrow behind there by the curtain. That's what he was doing outside in the wild." So I'm like "ok, then. See ya later."

I come back like 2 hours later and the kitten is GONE. I scour the entire house. No hind nor hair anywhere. My mother says "look behind the wooden cabinet in the dining room, he goes behind there." I say "ma, I looked there." So look again and move the cabinet away and what do I see????
    The ****ing heating duct vent moved off of the duct opening!!!!!!!!!!
    Kitten is in the ****ing HEATING DUCT!!!!!!!! How the **** do I get him out now?!?!?!?!?!?

God damn it!!! Kitten from HELLLLL. This is what I get for trying to do a good deed!!!!!!!!!! :rant: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Last edited by Shirl; 11-17-2007, 11:07 PM.
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Re: F' IN Kitten!!!!! HELP..!

Flush it out with a hose...

or just leave food out and see what happens...

Comment

put a bowl of wet food at the entrance to the vent. He'll come out when he's hungry.

if he dumps in the vent, your house is going to stink!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
        Flush it out with a hose...
        out of a heating duct?

Comment

Yeah, I'd let it back out. Get a cat from the humane society or something. IMO, no mater how cute it is, a ferial cat will be a problem.

As you have said, it's doing everything it would be in the wild. It's going to tear that house up, and not ever be a lap cat. It's just going to be one of those that shreads people's hands when they try and pet it.

Has it started spraying yet?

Rob
          \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
            out of a heating duct?
            I don't know much about "heating ducts", but I assume you could flush it out with a hose.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
              I don't know much about "heating ducts", but I assume you could flush it out with a hose.
              The water will come out all of the other vents in the house making a huge mess. It is also very likely they would leak inside the walls and such.

The best thing to do is not scare the cat and let him come out on his own.

Comment

m80s? black cats?

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
                  The best thing to do is not scare the cat and let him come out on his own.
                  x2

Turn on the heater... he'll come out.

Rob
                  \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Well, I think the heat was on when I left!! So I immediately figured... ****, he might have gotten fried in there if he went down into the furnace. Jesus christ.. I can't even think straight now. This has ****ed up my entire day. My mother is very upset cuz this is "her" little baby.

I turned on the central air fan and we checked to see if any of the vents had less airflow but they seemed ok. I also banged on the vents from the basement to no avail. I guess it's going to be a waiting game now... hopefully he'll come out when he gets hungry or at least cry so that we know where he is. It would REALLY SUCK to smell dead cat fumes coming through the vents in the dead of winter.
                    2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

Originally posted by rt1
                      Yeah, I'd let it back out. Get a cat from the humane society or something. IMO, no mater how cute it is, a ferial cat will be a problem.

As you have said, it's doing everything it would be in the wild. It's going to tear that house up, and not ever be a lap cat. It's just going to be one of those that shreads people's hands when they try and pet it.

Has it started spraying yet?

Rob
                      No, he's too young yet. I was going to get him neutered along with all vaccinations.
                      2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl
                        Well, I think the heat was on when I left!! So I immediately figured... ****, he might have gotten fried in there if he went down into the furnace. Jesus christ.. I can't even think straight now. This has ****ed up my entire day. My mother is very upset cuz this is "her" little baby.

I turned on the central air fan and we checked to see if any of the vents had less airflow but they seemed ok. I also banged on the vents from the basement to no avail. I guess it's going to be a waiting game now... hopefully he'll come out when he gets hungry or at least cry so that we know where he is. It would REALLY SUCK to smell dead cat fumes coming through the vents in the dead of winter.
                        I doubt he can get fried by the furnace. Hot air systems use a blower attached to the heating mechanism. There is no way the fire and smoke to even get into the vents. So I doubt he is cremated. He may be a little warm though. :) Actually, cats like to be warm, so he may be just taking a nap somewhere.

Remember, cats are nocturnal, so he may not come out until night time.

Comment

f'ing cats. SMASH HIS HEAD!!!
                          1995 Pontiac Firebird
                          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                            f'ing cats. SMASH HIS HEAD!!!
                            Then it will be a lap cat. But it might smell worse than if it got fried in the heater.

Rob

Comment

Shirl, you should have gotten one of these....they're free, and don't hide in vents....

1995 Pontiac Firebird
                              2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X