Audi R8.....the new beast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Audi R8.....the new beast

I'd take a vette, I'm just trying to get the point across that while it is a damn fine car, it's not the greatest thing to ever grace the planet. Whoever said the interior is crap, I have to agree with you, I spent a good amount of time detailing one last year and the fit and finish is about on par with my brother's Cobalt. If I'm dropping 80k on a car I don't want cheap looking plastic all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Black98Fivespeed
      If I'm dropping 80k on a car I don't want cheap looking plastic all over the place.
      What do you want? Mahogany?
      1995 Pontiac Firebird
      2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Leather, carbon fiber, swede?

Comment

Originally posted by Black98Fivespeed
          Leather, carbon fiber, swede?
          Go buy a sedan. Or shell out 2-3x as much as the Z06 if you want your car to perform anywhere NEAR the level of the Z.

The Z06 Vette doesn't get its ~3100lb weight with a full leather/suede interior.
          2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

ya id love me a 4500lb vette.....

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6

Crazy canadians and their conversions from HP and TQ to.... well..... whatever it is there ;)

C63 FTW!
              0-60 in 3.9 seconds
              1/4 mile at 12.3 seconds @ 116 mph

still the same...:burn:

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

First, the car already has leather seats and adding a leather covered dash or alcantra in the middle of the seats is a minimun weight gain. If you are that concerned over weight you should probably poop before you ever drive it.

Secondly, I think you guys were missing what I meant by sayinig the interior was crap, but that's my fault for not being clear enough. The overall fit and finish of the 07 is about on par with a $15k car not a $80k supercar killer. I don't think the materials are horrible, but they could use an upgrade as well. My main complaint though is the absolutely worthless seats. They might as well put a lawnchair in a race car. Chevy needs to call recaro and just order a set of seats. Hell, give me their number and I'll handle it. A $30k econobox rocket like the Evo shouldn't have seats that are 100 times better than a Z06.

If it were a race car I wouldn't care if there was anything on the interior but a seat, a harness, a wheel, and some guages. The car isn't a race car though. It is an expensive production car that should have more thought put into it since it is the brand's halo car. Chevy obviously thinks the same since there is an interior upgrade package available on 08s if you get the Z51 package. They still haven't addressed the crap seats though.

Comment

I think we should compare what money can buy.
                  I mean, here in France, the R8 4.2L V8 is more than 150 000$ WITHOUT OPTIONS !!! Same price as an Aston Martin Vantage (much cooler) !
                  The Z06 comes at 110 000$.

Actually, the Z06 is cheaper than a Porsche 911 without any options and with the 325hp version flat six.

If you want a european made car with the same performance as the Z06, it's gonna be at least twice as expensive ...

So I can understand if the seats or plastic aren't perfect.

Those cars can't be used on the open road anyway, so why not take the best looking one which is from far ... the Vette.
                  The R8 looks like a pumped up Audi TT to me. :rolleyes:

Comment

personally im a big fan of Audi's and i really like the R* but it cant hang with a Z06. i don't think Audi intended it to hand with the z06 i think they wanted it to go against the 911 and probably the regular z06, also they want the car to more of a performance car that can be driven year round (ie snow) but is still civilized and luxurious to cruise in on long trips as wells at the track. however i do think the R10 would give the z06 a run for its money if they build it. its suppose to be the R8 but instead of the 4.2l v8 it gets the new rs6's twin turbo 5.0l v10, as well as other performance specs for its power upgrade. but i t really depends all in what you want. do you give up certain creature comforts for all out performance, or do you want those comforts and don't mind sacrificing the power. either way both of them are great cars.
                    JpX

Comment

I remember it got edged out by a Porsche 911 on top gear earlier this fall...

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                      R.I.P. '07 Pats
                      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                        Hello everyone!
                        by Andy H
                        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • 3.4 slow to go
                        hey there strangers!
                        by 3.4 slow to go
                        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X