I HATE ebay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scam Alert - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I HATE ebay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scam Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I HATE ebay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scam Alert

Don't use it. I hate ebay with a passion. The last 8 or more (too many to count things ive tried to sell have either been a scam, fake ebayer, or stolen account. I had a set of tires on there, $300, bought but fake ebayer. I once had an ebay store but ended up losing hundreds due to these scams.

I had a monte carlo on there - fake cashiers check

Put it back on - fake ebayer

put it back on - non paying buyer

Put a toyota tercel - bought and never communicated

the toyota went on a couple more times b4 i gave up

and the latest, the ipod that i got.

I sold it to someone who had 100% feedback. Paid with paypal and had a confirmed address, and account. She asked me to ship it to china for her sons birthday present so i figured, ok what could it hurt. shes a confirmed paypal member and has a good ebay record. Well come to find out, after i shipped it, paypal put a hold on the money and ebay deleted my listing. They said the account had unathorized activity.

So for those who sell on ebay, don't lol. If you still want to risk it heres some tips other than the one stated above:

1. Get the money and wait a couple days to see if its for sure.

2. Dont ship it out of the country ( i shipped something to mexico once and it never made it. post office said theyve had problems with people stealing the mail)

3. Only take cash in person or paypal.

4. Investigate/delete bidders that have less than or no feedback. (theyre usually fake)

Hope this helps anyone.
    Check out my car on cardomain.com!!! <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=844739\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=844739</a>

Re: I HATE ebay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scam Alert

dam man, that sucks. But as soon as some one said "ship to china" that would of thrown up the red flags.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

^^ agreed..

I don't have any experience selling on ebay but i'm sure it can be a pita. I don't understand why all the idiots think it's funny or fun to screw with people. I haven't had any problems with ebay, but i've always been the buyer, not the seller
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

ive done a couple hundred of transactions on ebay myself, and i have nothing but good things to say about it.(except one person who i think just broke something i sold to them so they could get a refund, then they never sent the item back) i think the reason you have bad luck is because you were selling cars, which is probably one of the most likely categories to have cheats in.
        1999 v6 Camaro M5
        Automatic to Manual converted
        Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
        !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

yea, I like ebay...no problems yet...Like stated above, I think cause you were selling cars and things like Ipods you get a lot more fraud and fake buyers...kids and people trying to rip you off for big ticket items...but thanks for the advice, I do have to sell some things on there soon

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I had one lady buy race tickets from me. Kept sending me e-mail saying the money was in the mail. Well, the event past, she never sent the money, and I still own $400 of worthless race tickets. stupid twat.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Ebay Sucks. It's good for small purchases, that's about it.
              2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
              1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
              2011 Cadillac CTS-V
              2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
              2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

its ok to buy, but only from people with about a million feedback. havent had a problem with buying, its just selling.
                Check out my car on cardomain.com!!! <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=844739\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=844739</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  11 hours ago
                • ssms5411
                  Had to get another phone
                  by ssms5411
                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                  1 week ago
                • ssms5411
                  Leaking front cover
                  by ssms5411
                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                  2 weeks ago
                • transamtom1
                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                  by transamtom1
                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X