Clear All

Re: idea!!!

on avg. it's 15-20 buck in pa
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Here's some tips that may help:

1) Scale this back.
      From what I've read about a CV6 meet and all the talk about "it has to be a central location," is the goal is to have it be a psuedo-national thing. Even the FTV6 meet was a regional meet...it was primarily geared towards those in the deep south or mid west. Therefore, with this being the first CV6 meet, you may want to start on a smaller scale than the gist i've been getting. By having a small, regional meet first for CV6, you get an idea of who's really committed to going, how the logistics work in practice vs. in theory, etc, etc, without creating a huge headache for yourself. Most importantly, it gives the CV6 leadership something to point to if yall do decide to do something bigger. It appears to me that people want to do that thing here, but because there's no previous example of a meet like this going on, people are unsure if it's worth the money. Basically, pick a place that's about 4-5 hours away from where about half of the active members, and just go with that area.

2) Don't rent a track
      Renting a track will increase the costs to the administration of this program exponentially, and those higher costs will have to be passed onto the people attending the meet. However, paying the TnT fee is something everyone can afford. Everytime I've gone to the track, there have always been at least one or two car clubs that are there, so it's not uncommon for car clubs to have meets at a track without reserving the entire facility. Yea, it may suck if you have to wait a little bit to make your runs, but there are several advantages towards this. First is the aforementioned reduced cost. Second, it gives people something to do once they get bored looking at eachothers cars. Third, it'll get the name of the site out. Fourth, you could potentially recruit other random V6ers that happen to be at the track too. All this could be accomplished by just parking in the same area of the pit and have a big old "CV6.com" banner above the cars.

3) Don't make racing the only thing that happens.
      Not everyone on the site is a drag racer, either by choice or de facto. With the FTV6 meet, only a small number of the participants actually raced...most were there just to hang out and meet people face-to-face. Therefore, have it over a weekend...friday evening, have something planned at a bar or restaurant, have a carshow saturday morning/afternoon, go to the track saturday evening, and sunday have a closing dinner. That way, for those that aren't comfortable on the 1/4-mile will still have an incentive to come and participate in the meet.

I know the driving force behind this meet, at least with Mogobs, is that yall want to catch up to FTV6 and out-do them. Nothing wrong with a lil ambition, but if you bite off more than you can chew, this event will fail and that will be the end of it. To Whomever's in charge of this...you've only got one chance to get this right. Take it slow, take it small, and learn from it.
      Last edited by Smoke Panther; 11-13-2007, 02:25 PM.

Comment

I think we should find a location that has an autocross region nearby too. They typically run on Sundays. Those who don't want to drag race, can try their hand at autocross. If not, it's still fun to watch, and I've never been to an autocross that charged "spectators".
        ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

How about the corvette museum in Bowling Green, KY. Hotels will be cheap for those having to stay... there are always car shows going on there and everyone can tour the corvette plant. Actually they have a fbody car show meeting there every year or a few times a year... can't remember.
          Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/

http://www.bowlinggreenassemblyplant.com/
            Last edited by josh98bird; 11-13-2007, 03:01 PM.
            Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Reluctantly, I would have to agree with Smoke on this one. Its not really about "outdoing" anyone really, not with this. Its was once regular with the American Iron Shootout on the east coast, but since new leadership of the board, and a fallout of the members that frequented it, there hasn't been a real national thing going on here. More and more I hear from members here that would like to have a larger event than a regional, and I think a good time to start is next year. In any event, if this is to happen, there MUST be adequate time to plan for everyone, and saying that, I wouldn't plan on anything within the next 6-8 months, I think late summer next year would be the best bet, if not the beginning of fall.

As for the rental, it would be best if it were on a TnT day, like a saturday, only bad thing about a TnT is that I have never experienced one on a Sunday. But I think with the thing of adequate time, there would be more people willing to do a 10 hour trip on a Friday, and have all day Saturday to do a TnT, then drive back on Sunday, or stay, whatever.

GuardianKnight, if you can get some info on TnT dates next year (if possible) email me at mogobs30th@yahoo.com, and if anyone has any info in TnT dates later summer next year, in a centralized location, PM me or email me. I can coordinate something with other board members that would be willing to set something up. Lets see where we can get on this.
              1995 Pontiac Firebird
              2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

I also forgot to mention that there is a dragstrip really close to the corvette museum... so we could have a day at the museum and a day for TnT...

IMO, if you are gonna have a meet up for everyon to join, a one day even wouldn't be worth the trip, perhaps a two or three day event would be better. I think a TnT would only benefit a few people. I wouldn't make the trip since my car will not be on the strip anytime soon.

Comment

Exactly, thats why if people are going to want to attend, its almost a guaranteed possibility of taking a day off. Needs to be a weekend thing, have a bunch of us staying at a motel.
                  1995 Pontiac Firebird
                  2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                    Exactly, thats why if people are going to want to attend, its almost a guaranteed possibility of taking a day off. Needs to be a weekend thing, have a bunch of us staying at a motel.
                    and I also agree with long planning... this year isn't gonna happen. Try and make planning for a meet sometime next year. The only problem is that alot of us are in college so after aug wouldn't be that great. Perhaps around late july or early august... unless everyone thinks the fall would be better. I can miss a class or two but just considering others. My vote would be may-oct of 08

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
                      and I also agree with long planning... this year isn't gonna happen. Try and make planning for a meet sometime next year. The only problem is that alot of us are in college so after aug wouldn't be that great. Perhaps around late july or early august... unless everyone thinks the fall would be better. I can miss a class or two but just considering others. My vote would be may-oct of 08
                      ...x2

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                        Hello everyone!
                        by Andy H
                        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • 3.4 slow to go
                        hey there strangers!
                        by 3.4 slow to go
                        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X