Think im Serious this time..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think im Serious this time..

DELETE THIS THING...noobs bumping it up...

IT RUNS NOW NO MORE BULL**** ABOUT IT,going to the exhaust shop hopefully monday for my tds then to my garage for winter....

DIE THREAD!!!!
    Last edited by Oi Bird V8; 11-17-2007, 12:13 AM.
    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Re: Think im Serious this time..

8-9k...
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98
      8-9k...
      2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Originally posted by WishIHad$$$

KBB Value (although not that accurate) is $3,900 in excellent condition with a v6.

Doing a v8 swap wont usually raise the value of the car, but seeing as he has 11k into the car, he wont get near that, maybe even less than $8-9K Providing proof he has that much invested>?

That is, if he finds the right person that wants a v8 conversion v6 car for that much money.
        *Matt

Comment

you'd be lucky to get 4k for it.

if you want to make any money back, part it out.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

Honestly, even though your so frustrated it took so long and all your other complaints, your never going to get what you put into it, out of the car now....

You might as well just keep it or your just throwing money out the window, alot of money

Bibber might be right... I probably over estimated it big time
            *Matt

Comment

Hate to be a downer but you wont get any more than 3K tops as is.

1. A LT1 Z28 / TA can be found for pretty cheap now-a-days

2. Nobody is going to drop a large amount of money to buy a car that has been altered that much (V8 in an orignal V6 car) IMO

3. My TA has been for sale for awhile and hasn't gotten much attention at it's price ($5,900 OBO)

Almost there, finish the fight!
              1999 Camaro Z/28
              1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
                Hate to be a downer but you wont get any more than 3K tops as is.

1. A LT1 Z28 / TA can be found for pretty cheap now-a-days

2. Nobody is going to drop a large amount of money to buy a car that has been altered that much (V8 in an orignal V6 car) IMO

3. My TA has been for sale for awhile and hasn't gotten much attention at it's price ($5,900 OBO)

Not only that, but the car isn't even turn-key.

Can you prove (to the potential buyer) that the car only requires those parts for it to run? Or will you appear the same as the guys that sell junk cars trying to get top dollar saying 'oh, it just needs spark plug wires'.

Your car is worth less than a 1994 LT1, which LT1's go for around 3500-5500, for a number of reasons. One being the car is a hacked up V6 that doesn't have the original engine, the second being the car has to be trailered home.

Good luck with the sale. Your best bet is to part the car out, or find someone looking for a cheap project car. Unless you find a complete sucker.

Edit: It's also (nearly) wintertime. These are the worst months of the year to try to be selling these cars.
                Last edited by WishIHad$$$; 10-15-2007, 12:40 AM.
                2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                  if you want to make any money back, part it out.
                  I no im not gunna make my money back...and honestly i have no time to part it out.... i just need it gone and need cash more then a car that sits by a garage u know?

Originally posted by StrtRacer98
                  You might as well just keep it or your just throwing money out the window, alot of money
                  I threw so much money away allready and if i keep it its gunna be worse... liek i said id rather $3000 then a car that i barely view as being my car... that hasnt been driven in allmsot 2 years

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
                  the fight would be me selling.. no time, no more patients,no more money...

and i mean i got the bike project now... whcih runs!!!! lol just needs alot fo apperance work... but still im fine with a bike and my blazer, and if anything ill grab a little 4 cyl for summer so i dont get killed on gas
                  <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

You have 11K into it, you could part it out for 4K max I'd say and that would require lots of work, time, and you'll end up getting stuck with random parts nobody wants. You have so much into it might as well finish it man...

but...

If you do part it out...

I'll buy the LT's and AL driveshaft
                    1999 Camaro Z/28
                    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

kyle just keep at it dude. what's wrong with now that you want to get ditch it?
                      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

yeah... I'd agree with everyone else... It sounds like you arent too far away from completing the thing.. speaking of which, didnt' you have it running just a little while ago?

Selling it now would be a losing investment. At the very least you should try to get it together.. the non-functional project car status is going to drive away pretty much any buyer.

with that said... if you are serious about selling it, let me know.. I live 30 mins from you and might be interested depending on the price. just what i need is a 4th, 4th gen camaro..
                        Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

My personal oppinion - don't sell it.

I had an accident with mine 7 years ago. At that point I tried to fix it "cheap" which didn't go too well. I tried to sell it and best I was offered (mind you that was in 2000 or 2001 and the car from 94, so it was only 6 years old back then) was about 4k.

It seemed way too low and I decided to not sell it, waiting for better days when it'll get fixed properly.

Last summer I decided that time has come and dropped it in a garage where they fixed all the damage, replaced hood, fender etc with new, new paint.. Costed me about 3K to rebuild it.

At that moment I realized I will never sell this car and it's mine forever. Ever since the money I put in it I no longer view as a cost that has no return value. I view it as MY car and all the money I put in is for my own comfort and pleasure. This way it never loses it's value, because I have no intention of selling it, ever.

Since last summer, i've invested more than 15k into it and with an LT1 engine swap coming up very very soon and a supercharger project - i'm guessing i'll plant in no less than 25k total. The car costed my 8k when I bought it and now i'm thorwing 25k at it for extras ? May sound stupid to some, but it sounds great to me. Did I say I'll never sell this car ? :)

I love my 4th gen !

Comment

ANOTHER one of these threads? What the hell....everyday, its either, im going to sell it, or Im going to keep it. Make up your mind already, these posts are a waste of time.

You know how much I would give you for it? $500, TOPS. This POS has not ran in two years, STILL needs parts, who would pay more than that? ITs a realistic number.

This is what happens when you walk into a project unaware of what you are really doing. Let this be a lesson to anyone wanting to mod a car, know what you are getting yourself into.
                            1995 Pontiac Firebird
                            2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

just finish it already...theres no turning back now. you make it seem so hard..:rolleyes:

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X