Picture of my wife's heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture of my wife's heart

My wife was born with a congenital heart defect known as tricuspid artresia or a hole in the heart. She had 3 surgeries before. The last one when she was 14 years.

It's a very long story if you read my thread before then you would know that she almost died. The doctor kept mentioning to me yesterday that it is a miracle she's not dead from this.

Anyway they inserted two catherder with cameras through her arteries in the neck and thigh and they probed her heart. As you can see from the pic that her heart is extremely massive. It takes up the whole chest cavity - from rib cage to spine. Usually the size of a heart is only the size of your fist. This is indeed very big.

Because of the size, blood is not flowing properly and when they don't flow properly they usually form a blood cloth and that's what almost killed her.

So she's in dire need of a surgery for another Fontan procedure and the doctor is recommending her to the top heart surgeons at UCLA.

So I really am bummed out, but greatful that she's with me still. Nothing else matter - cars, job, hobbies, money, etc. - but her. I thank God for this because I know we are living in borrowed time.
    Last edited by Mighty Thor; 09-14-2007, 11:00 PM.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Re: Picture of my wife's heart

gosh readding your post can always put a tear in my eye. i really feel for you man. best wishes. just live in the moment, not in the past of furture. tell her you love her all day everyday! NO REGRETS
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Wow! Good luck Ed. My heart and prayers go out to the both of you. Stay positive.
      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

I'm hoping for the best for both of you. Last time she was in the hospital and we didn't hear from you in a while everyone was worried. Keep us updated if anything is going on.

Comment

are you able to consider a transplant or anything? maybe its just the gearhead in me to think about replacing faulty parts but is it feasible? I hope everything works out alright dude, and whatever happens, like Kristen said, NO REGRETS!
          2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to get another phone
            by ssms5411
            Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
            1 week ago
          • ssms5411
            Leaking front cover
            by ssms5411
            So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
            2 weeks ago
          • transamtom1
            Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
            by transamtom1
            Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X