Sept 11th Fatigue & Where Were YOU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sept 11th Fatigue & Where Were YOU?

was in 8th grade, Remember someone saying we got bombed and thats where the day completely changed.
    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
    1994 Camaro - Sold
    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

It was my second week of work at my first Post College Degree fulltime job. I was up early and watching fox news when they said something about smoke coming from one of the WTC towers. In a mater of minutes they had live pictures. It was wierd seeing the smoke coming from it on that perfect clear day. They said they thought a plane had it it and quickly made reference to a plane hitting the empire state building and had someone on pretty quickly saying that was due to fog and they were quick to point out the clear skies. About that time I walked over to work. Shortly after I walked into the office I heard about the second plane. Tried to check the CNN website and couldn't get on. The traffic brought down the site. Then my boss's husband called from across campus and said they just hit the Pentagon. They had a TV in their shop so i walked over to see what was up. The rest of the day was spent tyring to get information from any source. CNN finally stripped their webpage down to the bare essentials so people could access it. Spent a few evenings in front of the TV after that one.
      I will add that I was just as glued to the TV during the Iraq invasion. When they were playing live and taped reports of what was happening there as the troops were moving toward Bagdad.

Fatigue, umm I dunno about that but time does change our memories and views of things. Hopefully we learn from our mistakes and our successes. As far as my life goes Katrina has had much greater effects to my personal life than 9/11.
      -Brad
      98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
      2000 V-Star Custom 1100
      If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
      :rock:

Comment

Whether you agree or disagree with the reasons we went to war...that is the past, deal with the now, we CANNOT leave and probably will not for along time. All you can do is support until it's stable.

I was in woodshop in 8th grade. My teacher was a redneck and practically loading up his M16
        1999 Camaro Z/28
        1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

i was in 7th grade social studies when my teacher stopped class and turned on the tv. class stopped and we just watched the tv. we didnt really understand what was going on beacuse we were idiot 7th graders. but i remember it like it was yesterday.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

I was in 5th grade.
            My dad took me out of class ealier (not because of the attacks) but because of a dentist appt.
            He kept the radio off the whole time, I didnt even know what happened until 5pm that night.

I still get my dentists new assistants telling me if I remember coming into the dentist on Sept. 11, 2001.

The next day, as a journal, in class we had to write down what happened yesterday.
            Some of the kids had no clue what she was talking about.
            How could some parents not eventually explain it to their child later that day?

During the first Iraq bombings, i was sitting watching a sitcom with my dad. I was glued to the tv.

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
              Whether you agree or disagree with the reasons we went to war...that is the past, deal with the now, we CANNOT leave and probably will not for along time. All you can do is support until it's stable.

Agreed. Some say this is another Vietnam - I don't agree. We need to realize that Iraq is another Northern Ireland. Think about it. We going to be there for a LONG time.

I was at work in my office. Watched CNN.com on my PC until we got a TV set up in the lunch room.
              Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by Crazed98Camaro
                I was in 5th grade.
                My dad took me out of class ealier (not because of the attacks) but because of a dentist appt.
                He kept the radio off the whole time, I didnt even know what happened until 5pm that night.

I still get my dentists new assistants telling me if I remember coming into the dentist on Sept. 11, 2001.

The next day, as a journal, in class we had to write down what happened yesterday.
                Some of the kids had no clue what she was talking about.
                How could some parents not eventually explain it to their child later that day?

During the first Iraq bombings, i was sitting watching a sitcom with my dad. I was glued to the tv.

5th Grade? Man I feel old as hell now, and I'm only 25!
                Originally posted by kala
                I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
                parting her out

Comment

Originally posted by gugdathug3
                  i was in 7th grade.. arrived to class kinda late and saw everyone watching the news with complete silence. i was so confused...
                  9th grade here. But exact same story.
                  Representin' Team Red In The North

Red '96 Pontiac Firebird "Smokeshow" 3800, M5, Far From Stock!!

Black/Red '89 Jeep Cherokee "Tigerclaw" Chev 327, Turbo 400... Stock What??

Black/Red '02 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade

Comment

Originally posted by crushedout
                    5th Grade? Man I feel old as hell now, and I'm only 25!
                    haha yeah, I'm quite a youngin' compared to a few here. 16 now.

Couldn't really decipher what happened at first, but I think i got it now.
                    Even with all of these conspiracy theroies going around.

Comment

Ugh.... lots of kids.... I AM old!
                      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Holy crap. I just turned 39 on Thursday. :eek:

Maybe all these people asking me if I bought a Camaro because I'm having a midlife crisis are right....? lol :slap:

Just kidding...I'm a lifetime hotrod guy. I was just taking a break with motorcycles for the last 8 years. :naughty:

Comment

Originally posted by Crazed98Camaro
                          haha yeah, I'm quite a youngin' compared to a few here. 16 now.

Couldn't really decipher what happened at first, but I think i got it now.
                          Even with all of these conspiracy theroies going around.

Same story as you man.

5th grade.
                          watched it.

dad explained.
                          he never sugar coated anything.

he told me how the world is.
                          and i think thats why i am a little more mature and understanding then most at our age.

Mods:
                          Slp Dual Cold Air Intake
                          Racing Stripes
                          Flowmaster Exhaust [2.5 Pipes, Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler]
                          Camaro Fill Ins
                          Black Outs
                          Tint

Comment

I was on my way home from taking my son to breakfast. I remember hearing about the first plane hitting on the radio. I got home just in time to see the second plane hit the other tower. I spent the entire day watching the coverage and praying for the innocent people involved in such a tragic day.

And I know some are not fond of police on message boards but please remember my brothers and sisters that gave their lives that day to help as well as all the brave firefighters that did the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Detective_D
                              I was on my way home from taking my son to breakfast. I remember hearing about the first plane hitting on the radio. I got home just in time to see the second plane hit the other tower. I spent the entire day watching the coverage and praying for the innocent people involved in such a tragic day.

And I know some are not fond of police on message boards but please remember my brothers and sisters that gave their lives that day to help as well as all the brave firefighters that did the same.
                              My dad is a retired cop, so I know what kind of crap cops have to put up with for very little pay.

Comment

I was off the base where I did GIS contract work for an IT meeting, and they wouldnt let me back on when they went to code Delta.

I am a retired Naval officer, and my humble opinion is that as bad as it was, it was a lucky hit. That, and the ignored warnings...
                                And we recovered quite nicely.
                                What are we doing now, tho? Winning Iraq wont solve the threat of a tact nuke arriving in Baltimore in an air/land/sea container...:eek:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X