Sept 11th Fatigue & Where Were YOU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sept 11th Fatigue & Where Were YOU?

Random thoughts here. I personally feel Bush's War has dragged on for too long now I will admit and I hope for some favorable changes come 2008 for the USA, really! I'm tired of reading, hearing about the doom and gloom from the media everywhere about this mess were in. It's online, it's in the news, it's the talk of the town I guess. I've seen both sides of Congress debate the pros and cons on how to end it. I'm just about sick of the bipartisan debate on it but it's necessary I know. Each day I wrench on the '88 IROC or the '96 Camaro, it reminds me how life is short and that I'm gonna live it full throttle while the gas is cheap for now.
    Don't get me wrong, when we were attacked, I patriotically believed it's time to eradicate the enemy at all costs. Shocking, horrific and unimaginably made in hell was scene when the World Trade Center Buildings came crashing down. I could not believe my eyes back then.
    However, I will share my experience with all of you. During 9/11 at 8:05am, I was actually on I-95 Southbound in a rented white 2002 Camaro convertible (with the top down) when I noticed a jetplane veer wildly in the skies as I was leaving NYC & the George Washington Bridge approaching New Jersey State. Suddenly, my outgoing calls on my cellphone were useless. I then tuned to the radio and heard the worst has happened in my lifetime. As I drove into NJ, there were people standing on the highways staring in disbelief at one of the WTC buildings totally engulfed in smoke. A surreal experience I'll take to the grave for sure but I'll stop right here. It's a once a year event I realize. I think I'll take today off and rev one of the Camaros to the beach for the symbolic American freedom to do so.

Today is the Sixth Anniversary of the WTC Attacks. I'm curious how you all feel about it. Where and what were you doing at the moment when the world suddenly changed on you?
    Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Re: Sept 11th Fatigue & Where Were YOU?

ummm, yeah. we'll just IGNORE the first half of the post, as that argy's deader than a foriegn figter taken out w/a .50 cal round.

My thoughts/feelings haven't changed, a search will let you know what they still are.
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

i was in 7th grade.. arrived to class kinda late and saw everyone watching the news with complete silence. i was so confused...

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

I expected a fair comment from a fellow American overseas, I do respect that just to let ya know.:tup:

Keep bombing and dogging the snot out of the the enemy. Get the job done ASAP, that's all I ask from a superior & technologically advanced military. Trillions of dollars spent on this war could have solved our debt or some massive current crisis going on here in the Homeland, wtf. :tdown:
        Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Where I was. In front of my computer with the TV on in the background. Something on TV grabbed my attention. I just couldn't believe it. Wen the second plane hit I was sick. When people started jumping I turned off the TV.

Sept. 11th fatique.

I was gung ho for Afghanistan. I never understood Iraq, since it was well known that there were no significant terrorists there (they hated Saddam, who oppressed religious leaders too), and that Saddam was hanging on to power by his fingernails. I can't believe some Republicans on TV today were still trying to use Set. 11th as a reason for Iraq. Pathetic.
          2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

I don't think I'll ever get tired of remembering Sept 11th.

I will never forget back how I was unemployed and driving around looking for a job. I was so depress of my situation. I was listening to classical music when all of a sudden the radio mentioned about a 2nd plane hitting the world trade center.

I went to my parents house and found my parents, my sister and her boyfriend sitting in front of the TV. We all sat silently in disbelief I knew right away this is no accident. I was really pissed off.

As far as politics is concerning Iraq. I understand Sen. Obama but I don't understand Sen. Hillary, she's just like her husband (who I voted for twice).

I'm voting for a conservative Republican. Democrats are just plain weak, and media/celebrity driven. They'll only increase our taxes, water down homeland security, and most of all compromise our military strength.

To top it all off - Osama Bin Laben would like us to vote Democrats. So my point is proven.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

I was at my guidance counselors office. I was senior at my high school. I am sitting down talking to my guidance counselor about my future. Then all of a sudden the next door counselor rushes in the room and tells us about the event. We rush to the nearest TV. I couldn't believe it. I was shocked. School was dismissed at 12. It was very frustrating to watch. I was sad. I hope all the people that died in that event, GOD rest their soul and give them peace.

:)
              09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
              sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

i didn't have to work till 4 pm(i was 19) so i woke up at like 10 am, turned on the tv and it was on every station. i didn't know what to make of it. i couldn't wrap my mind around it. that was the worst day to work. everyone was so uptight.

THANK YOU TO OUR TROOPS
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I was at work in Air Force at Langley A.F.B. just outside Va Beach. It sucked but we didn't have time to think, we just started loading live munitions on jets and putting them in the air. Loading munitions was not even kinda sorta my job but that day my job was "getting it done". "It" was whatever needed to be done. I will never forget that day as it was a wake up call for all U.S. citizens and the world as a whole. Lest we never forget those that died on that day.
                  Originally posted by kala
                  I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
                  parting her out

Comment

I was at work and someone came over after looking at the news on CNN.com and said a plane had crashed into the WTC. We all thought it was an accident until I saw the damage it had done and the second plane confirmed it.

Comment

Just because people are sick of hearing about it does not make it the wrong thing to do.

Should the Iraq war have been justified by Sept 11? No.

Did Saddam have to go? yes.

Can we just walk away now? NO. (see post WWI Germany for reasons)

Where was I? Watching CNN and drinking my coffee like I am now. I spent a lot of the time in the AM calming my friend down b/c his wife was in the financial district.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

I was at work, I ended up going home for lunch to see it on TV. I just didn't know what to make of it all at first.

I called my National Guard armory to see if we had to report or anything, but they said sit tight. It was pretty agonizing not being able to do anything.

While I was in Iraq, I kept a little laminated picture of the towers on me the whole time. You can say all you want that Iraq wasn't justified, but the IEDs, RPG's, and machine gun rounds flying at me and killing guys in my Company over there were from Al Qeida, not the Iraqi Army. It's all part of one big picture, make no mistake. I was fighting people trained in the same camps as the 9/11 hijackers. Better I got a chance to kill some there than to have them be here among the innocent.

My flag is flying outside today, I suggest you all do the same.

Jeff

Comment

I was in gym class in high school and when I got to my math class we sat and watched it the rest of the day.

I'm glad we are doing what we are doing... We could have went about things differently in my opinion but with war... you are always going to have critics because there is nothing good about war. No matter what someone always loses a life. Having my father being in the military for over 25 years now, I know how scary it is. He went to afghanistan and then iraq... but when he got back he told me so many stories that just pumped me up even more to keep troops over there.

The media never portrays the hundreds of schools and hospitals america has built and how many children we have given a chance to live abetter life. His words I will quote "it will take some generations from now, but they will one day thanks us a thousand times over"
                          Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

I was in typing class in my freshman year of high school and i was completely ignoring our assignment. at about 8:30 i saw some pics on usatoday.com and i didnt know what to think. honestly, i didnt take it seriously. i thought it was just some little cessna that a newbie was flying and a fire that got out of control because it wasnt until later that they put the pieces together. It wasnt until the towers fell that i realized the magnetude of the situation and it wasnt until i heard about the fact that they were passenger planes and hearing about the pentagon getting hit and the other plane going down in PA that i actually got mad. it was obvious something was up.

Originally posted by Speeding firebird
                            Just because people are sick of hearing about it does not make it the wrong thing to do.

Should the Iraq war have been justified by Sept 11? No.

Did Saddam have to go? yes.

Can we just walk away now? NO. (see post WWI Germany for reasons)
                            qft. this isnt vietnam. not by a long shot. i have a dear friend thats over there as a marine and he'll be coming back next month. I still believe that, whatever the reason, we're over there now and thats the end of it. woulda, coulda shoulda. we cant change the past, we're stuck there now and we cant leave until the country is stable. What DOES need to happen is we need to make very sure that our military respects the Iraqi people. From the sound of things, and hearing people on the radio talk and whatnot, innocent people getting hurt or killed over there pisses off the whole family and they begin to hate the US and start with those terrorist plots against our soldiers. They were happy we came at first, we just gotta keep them that way. thats the biggest thing. as long as their happy, getting that gov't up and running shouldn't be a problem.

when all is said and done, having another ally in the middle east definately couldn't hurt.
                            2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Re: Sept 11th Fatigue &amp; Where Were YOU?

I was out trying to get stripes on the bird..... heard it on the radio and then saw it.

Skipped the stripes and drove to my fire house.

Tuned the fire radios into FDNY.

Heard horrible things.

Shortly after my chief arrived and we jumped on a truck and drove to another fire house - we met up with multiple other fire depts.

Eventually we were called in.

We drove right up to a park near George Washington bridge and staged with approx 30 other fire dept's.

Army helicoptors and jets were flying around.

Eventually they said they wanted to keep it FDNY and NY fd's only - no NJ FD's.

That was the last time I rode on a fire truck - shortly after I never returned.
                              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X