Whats the deal with the landau tops? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the deal with the landau tops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the deal with the landau tops?

Anyone else notice this or is it just me? Last week or so i've been noticing an inordinate number of cars with landau tops (you know the hardtops that look like convertibles sort of). Tons of them... like 3-4 a day the last two days. Its just wierd.. before i'd only see them once in a blue moon (mmmm blue moon), now theres butt loads.. And its not like they're all brand new cars either.. one was a mid nineties contour. So were they hiding in the woodwork or what?

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Re: Whats the deal with the landau tops?

i kno what u mean. i saw a dodge dynasty with one....

WHATTTT!??!?!

Comment

Ditto. I saw a mid 90's Grand Am with one.
      Stephen<br />1995 Pontiac Firebird<br />3800 Series II V6<br /><br />2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Come to South Florida, the old people put them on their Camry's, Caddy's, and Lincoln's all the time. "The Presidential Package".

I've also seen one couple come in their orange Cobalt...with wing, exhaust, and the fake hood scoops and side vents. Black rims too. These people were at least 60 years old.
        Yes, I know \"Artic\" should be spelled \"Arctic\". Can any of the mods change this?

Comment

wow this is weird, i was thinking the same thing on sunday. but then again i was driving by a caddy dealership, stuck in traffic. WHY WOULD SOMEONE BUY THEM?
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

my 80 malibu was a landau but I took that crap off.
            Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

I think it goes back to limos. They have used them on limos for years to hide the ripples and warping that occurs when stretch a car and then drive it around. I think that's where it originally came from, then someone thought it would look good on thier car and make it look classy. Now days though it's just kinda silly imo.
              Some of the old muscle cars had them too so I could be way off.
              -Brad
              98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
              2000 V-Star Custom 1100
              If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
              :rock:

Comment

the caddy I'm in line to get has one. It's pimp-o-liscious!!!!!

but then again, a pacer w/one just isn't.
                1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by black98V6
                  ...someone thought it would look good on thier car and make it look classy. Now days though it's just kinda silly imo.
                  Some of the old muscle cars had them too so I could be way off.
                  All true.
                  I'll never forget the 'Cuda with the 440 6pak and pistol shifter at high school back in the day; hemi orange with a black vinyl roof. psycho-delic...:burn:
                  Camaros looked esp hideous. At least I dont remember Vettes with them ( but like many, I dont remember much of the 70s anyway).
                  Bigger cars like Chargers and Torinos were decent with them.
                  Vinyl roofs were rust traps. Fake cabrio covers are a bit better.
                  Just look at the clothes we wore!
                  Today, it might be an attempt at contrast.
                  I think many newer Caddie models are pretty.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                    Hello everyone!
                    by Andy H
                    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X