IRL Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRL Race

Anyone catch the end??? I'm not really into indycars that much, but the points race was so close that whoever finished ahead of the other won the championship. Franchitti and Dixon where racing the last race of the season on the last lap and Dixon was in 1st, he ran out of gas and Franchitti passed him on the last turn to win it all. Just wondering how bad it would suck to have a whole year down the drain because you ran out of fuel
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Re: IRL Race

I saw the race. That was one of the better finishes I've seen in any form of racing. That's the reason why I watch more IRL and not nascar. Nascar has gotten to be predictable and boring. Much like watching a train going around a track and the only thing that will peak your intrest is when someone wrecks. With IRL at least there are close finishes most races and good competition the rest of the time.
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

I had tickets to go but I had to work...
      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

IRL is still in business?

If NASCAR is predictable & boring, you haven't been watching lately.

Rob
        \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Originally posted by rt1
          IRL is still in business?

If NASCAR is predictable & boring, you haven't been watching lately.

Rob
          I was waiting for MR. NASCAR to jump in.

It's predictable and boring in the sense that you know Hendrick is more than likely going to win. You know Montoya is going to **** up somewhere. Earnhardt will perform but his equipment or team will let him down in the last 25 laps, etc. It's been the case most of this year. The only ones I'll really watch and not flip back and forth are the daytona and talledaga and the short ones like bristol. Other than that blah. IRL the competition is good for the first 10 cars, it's constant back and forth, it seems to be much tighter racing and you really don't know who is going to win from week to week.

Just my .02, I knew you would jump in on this. No more free tickets for me right.
          Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc
            I was waiting for MR. NASCAR to jump in.
            Damn, I've been pigeonholed. Besides, it pays the bills.

I understand what you're saying, and you're entitled to your opinion (as wrong as it might be) It's just with the Chase, there was some times there you didn't know who was going to get what. That's the first thing I thought of when you mentioned it being predictable. I know you're a closet NASCAR fan.

You're still on my list of suckers that will take tickets, no matter how bad the seats are. LOL

Rob
            \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Originally posted by rt1
              Damn, I've been pigeonholed. Besides, it pays the bills.

I understand what you're saying, and you're entitled to your opinion (as wrong as it might be) It's just with the Chase, there was some times there you didn't know who was going to get what. That's the first thing I thought of when you mentioned it being predictable. I know you're a closet NASCAR fan.

You're still on my list of suckers that will take tickets, no matter how bad the seats are. LOL

Rob
              NASCAR has become a conglomerate of sponsors going around the track. Sponsors and fans decide the racing, which is plain BS. It has become a joke, and personally an embarassment to motorsports. Its not even exciting, its the same 4 people that win, Johnson, Steward, Gordon, or Busch. Its not worth my time anymore. IRL is BY FAR better racing than anything NASCAR can provide right now. Only reason why NASCAR does better, because they smear their corporate name over everything, and are endorsed by every product on the market.

Things that really pissed me off about NASCAR, they went to California over Labor Day weekend instead of staying in Darlington, which a sport that claims tradition is a top priority certainly didn't show it with that move. Second, the stupid, STUPID Chase for the Cup. GET THE **** OUTTA HERE.....and whats even funnier about that, they actually conteplated changing the points around after the year that Gordon and Earnhardt Jr. didn't make the points chase.

IRL is the best racing today. Only needs more marketing, and it could EASILY pass up NASCAR in ratings and attendance.

And the Indianapolis 500 is still and forever will be the pinnacle of motorsports, Daytona cant touch it with a candle.
              1995 Pontiac Firebird
              2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                NASCAR has become a conglomerate of sponsors going around the track. Sponsors and fans decide the racing, which is plain BS. It has become a joke, and personally an embarassment to motorsports. Its not even exciting, its the same 4 people that win, Johnson, Steward, Gordon, or Busch. Its not worth my time anymore. IRL is BY FAR better racing than anything NASCAR can provide right now. Only reason why NASCAR does better, because they smear their corporate name over everything, and are endorsed by every product on the market.

Things that really pissed me off about NASCAR, they went to California over Labor Day weekend instead of staying in Darlington, which a sport that claims tradition is a top priority certainly didn't show it with that move. Second, the stupid, STUPID Chase for the Cup. GET THE **** OUTTA HERE.....and whats even funnier about that, they actually conteplated changing the points around after the year that Gordon and Earnhardt Jr. didn't make the points chase.

IRL is the best racing today. Only needs more marketing, and it could EASILY pass up NASCAR in ratings and attendance.

And the Indianapolis 500 is still and forever will be the pinnacle of motorsports, Daytona cant touch it with a candle.
                And after all that, it's great to see you're still keeping up with what's going on in NASCAR. LOL And BTW, you spelled Stewart wrong... he used to drive IRL you know?

I do think you're crazy to think that IRL could ever pass up NASCAR in ratings, but you're right about the Indy 500, except for the candle part, I would think Daytona is a close second. The Indy 500 is the pinnacle of American motorsports.

Rob
                Last edited by rt1; 09-10-2007, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rt1
                  And after all that, it's great to see you're still keeping up with what's going on in NASCAR. LOL And BTW, you spelled Stewart wrong... he used to drive IRL you know?

I do think you're crazy to think that IRL could ever pass up NASCAR in ratings, but you're right about the Indy 500, except for the candle part, I would think Daytona is a close second. The Indy 500 is the pinnacle of American motorsports.

Rob
                  STEWART is a traitor. And NASCAR ratings are dropping like a rock since 2003. They are struggling to sell out races like they used to, some tracks can't support the fans because of the lack of sellouts, and too much margin to run the facility.

As for Daytona being a CLOSE second, thats just laughable. Before 1980, the Daytona 500 wasn't even getting 50,000 at their race, while Indy was getting 400,000. Daytona has a tradition of hosting a race, whether it was on a beach or at a track, Indy has held races at the SAME FACILITY since 1909, and the 500 since 1911. Carl Fisher INVENTED the 500 mile race. You simply can't walk into Daytona and get the sense of tradition like you can at Indy. It will never happen.

You ask Mario Andretti, AJ Foyt, Rick Mears, Tony Stewart, or any driver that has ever been at IMS, and they will tell you, they want to be at Indy. Ever wonder why Chip Ganassi and Roger Penske were at IMS for the 500 instead of Charlotte for the 600?? Its because the 500 is the pinnacle, paramount race of all motorsports.
                  1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

STEWART is a traitor. And NASCAR ratings are dropping like a rock since 2003. They are struggling to sell out races like they used to, some tracks can't support the fans because of the lack of sellouts, and too much margin to run the facility.

As for Daytona being a CLOSE second, thats just laughable. Before 1980, the Daytona 500 wasn't even getting 50,000 at their race, while Indy was getting 400,000. Daytona has a tradition of hosting a race, whether it was on a beach or at a track, Indy has held races at the SAME FACILITY since 1909, and the 500 since 1911. Carl Fisher INVENTED the 500 mile race. You simply can't walk into Daytona and get the sense of tradition like you can at Indy. It will never happen.

You ask Mario Andretti, AJ Foyt, Rick Mears, Tony Stewart, or any driver that has ever been at IMS, and they will tell you, they want to be at Indy. Ever wonder why Chip Ganassi and Roger Penske were at IMS for the 500 instead of Charlotte for the 600?? Its because the 500 is the pinnacle, paramount race of all motorsports.
                    The Indy 500 is IRL. Noone else goes to any other races. Have they sold out any other race this season? If they did, they probably told everyone Danika will drive topless.

They barely watched the 500 at their houses. Why? The Coke 600 came on. Even the Brickyard 400 had higher TV ratings than your 500.

IRL is dying. Let it go. I'm done with this.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by rt1
                      The Indy 500 is IRL. Noone else goes to any other races. Have they sold out any other race this season? If they did, they probably told everyone Danika will drive topless.

They barely watched the 500 at their houses. Why? The Coke 600 came on. Even the Brickyard 400 had higher TV ratings than your 500.

Rob
                      .....x2

Its almost impossible to get tickets to a nascar race... we have bristol, talledega, and charlotte... it took forever to get those
                      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

IRL is becoming the new minor league for NASCAR. Seems like Franchitti is next to move on up.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by rt1

Rob
                          National ratings or GLOBAL ratings??? I assure you, thats not Global.

Speaking of selling out, this is the 2nd or 3rd year in a row that the Brickyard 400 has not sold out. And Josh, I went to Talladega 3 times, all from tickets I purchased at the ticket office3 days before every race. Briston, Daytona, and the 600 are about the ONLY races selling out now, most others SAY they are sold out, but that is to only raise the interest of the sport, most of the tiem, these races have tix availiable.
                          1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Ever wonder why Chip Ganassi and Roger Penske were at IMS for the 500 instead of Charlotte for the 600??
                            For the same reasons baseball owners scout out the minor leagues.

National ratings or GLOBAL ratings???
                            Yeah those were national ratings. I was being generous, I don't think if the Americans aren't watching the pinnacle of American Motorsports that anyone overseas is going to care. Not when there's F1 to watch.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc
                              Earnhardt will perform but his equipment or team will let him down in the last 25 laps, etc.
                              :bs: You have the backwards. He has far less talent than most people think. His popularity is by no means correlated to his success on track.

Speaking of selling out, this is the 2nd or 3rd year in a row that the Brickyard 400 has not sold out. And Josh, I went to Talladega 3 times, all from tickets I purchased at the ticket office3 days before every race. Briston, Daytona, and the 600 are about the ONLY races selling out now, most others SAY they are sold out, but that is to only raise the interest of the sport, most of the tiem, these races have tix availiable.
                              true, but they are sucky tickets that are left. GOOD seats are always sold out. If that wasn't the case, ticket prices wouldn't be going up so much. My GOOD Loudon tickets went from $55 up to $90 over the years. In addition, they keep adding capacity which makes it hard to see out.

Anyone that thinks NASCAR is boring does not know the story lines. It's like any other sport. When you know the stories, the rivalries, the HISTORY, then the sport becomes much more interesting. Anyone who thinks NASCAR is boring has never been to Bristol night.

I will say the T.V. broadcast has way too many commercials which make watching it on T.V. unbearable. Also the cookie cutter tracks are boring.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X