It's official MY camaro is GONE!! The last pictures I'll be taking of her. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's official MY camaro is GONE!! The last pictures I'll be taking of her.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's official MY camaro is GONE!! The last pictures I'll be taking of her.

Originally posted by 99BlackW68
    its a V6, how does that not work well as a DD?
    Because after a certain amount of time... its just going to fall apart.

Not bad engineering or anything, but cars will not last forever... and the ones that seem like they do last forever, are definitely not daily drivers, they are garage queens.

Its gonna fall apart, cost more then its worth to fix it, and even if you bust your *** and spend twice as much money as needed to keep the car on the road....

You will likely get t-boned by a chick talking on a cellphone in a SUV.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
      You will likely get t-boned by a chick talking on a cellphone in a SUV.
      that would suck

Comment

Then you have to think of the new technology, new cars are getting...

Its looking like the new camaro will be getting upper 20 mpg fuel mileage with probably more then double the hp your car puts out now.

And be more reliable.

Comment

engine swaps are always possible, crate engines, ill find ways. im not worried about mpg...the difference between a car getting 25mpg (which is what mine gets) and one getting 28-30 is just negligable... and dont worry ill be getting my toy car too. a WS6 with low miles is in my future. im going to school to be a vet, so if all works out and i do become one, money wont really be a problem. i dont plan on having that big of a house, and this is my hobby. money can be poured into hobbies. its all good

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

engine swaps are always possible, crate engines, ill find ways. im not worried about mpg...the difference between a car getting 25mpg (which is what mine gets) and one getting 28-30 is just negligable... and dont worry ill be getting my toy car too. a WS6 with low miles is in my future. im going to school to be a vet, so if all works out and i do become one, money wont really be a problem. i dont plan on having that big of a house, and this is my hobby. money can be poured into hobbies. its all good
            well if your set on it, then i guess you could, but its going to cost alot, and i wouldn't use it as a DD... but... if thats what you wanna do (you must love your car) then i say go for it...:)

Comment

Originally posted by t-topV6
              well if your set on it, then i guess you could, but its going to cost alot, and i wouldn't use it as a DD... but... if thats what you wanna do (you must love your car) then i say go for it...:)
              thanks man, yeah i am set on it. i do love this car haha. id been looking for one to buy for a while, and when i saw this one and went to look at it i knew it was the one. ive loved Firebirds and Trans Ams since the early ages and this has been the plan all along. yeah like i said, my current Firebird is the DD, gonna do some mods to get the power up, but the WS6 that will come later in life will be the toy car. i know money will have to be put into it buts thats alright with me. the day will come when my 3800 will die, and then its time to either overhaul, or replace it.
              Last edited by 99BlackW68; 09-09-2007, 03:00 PM.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

go for it... just wish I could be there to say.... "I told you so"

engine is probably the last thing you will have to worry about on the car falling apart... And while all this stuff is going on with your daily driver....

your gonna love those morning when you go out, try to start your car and it doesn't.

Comment

i just wont let it get to that point :D

its gonna be a while, but as long as this forum is still here ill be on it, so one of us will eventually be able to say that

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

i just wont let it get to that point :D

its gonna be a while, but as long as this forum is still here ill be on it, so one of us will eventually be able to say that
                    You have been here a month...

I have been here 6 years(have had more then one screename) and was on boards before this board came around...

In that time I saw James... and the fact that now james doesn't have a running v6, and has an Lt1 car(and his Mercedes)

goes to show, even the most dedicated will likely move on from v6s. If you knew James... you would know that its unlikely if he gave up, that others won't either.

Comment

i said i plan on getting a WS6 too. V6 is a good thing to have as a DD. and the LS1 will be what sooths my need for power.

and ive been here for about 7 months, not just 1, still may not be close to as long as you, but ive been here long enough to know i like this forum and the atmosphere of it. this is my second name, cause i got my car a little more than a month ago so i made a different one to fit my car.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

at the same time would you want to know what happened to her when she leaves? i know that i couldn't bear to see ne one else in my cars
                        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Eric, just admit that you got a lemon. Lemon laws FTW :D. I just drove my car from 70k to 98k in last 2 years and all i had to change was a starter. (knock on the wood) it's been one of the most reliable car I have EVER owned.

:)
                          09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                          sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
                            You have been here a month...

I have been here 6 years(have had more then one screename) and was on boards before this board came around...

In that time I saw James... and the fact that now james doesn't have a running v6, and has an Lt1 car(and his Mercedes)

goes to show, even the most dedicated will likely move on from v6s. If you knew James... you would know that its unlikely if he gave up, that others won't either.

does this mean I'm next?
                            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                            94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by kala
                              Eric, just admit that you got a lemon. Lemon laws FTW :D. I just drove my car from 70k to 98k in last 2 years and all i had to change was a starter. (knock on the wood) it's been one of the most reliable car I have EVER owned.

:)

I must agree, I never had a SINGLE problem with the maro that I didn't cause by adding aftermarket crap.....now, my caddy on the other hand....oh boy, it's been in the shop 5-6 times since I've owned it, and usually for 1-2 weeks at a time....I've only owned it for a little over a year :eek: but it is so damn nice to drive :tup:

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                              05' CTS-V
                              00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X