I think I am going to stop reccomending the 3.8L f-body to people... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I am going to stop reccomending the 3.8L f-body to people...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I think I am going to stop reccomending the 3.8L f-body to people...

GERMAN CARS ARE DEF. MONEY PITS!!! the fuel systems in those cars are known to go out, and they are sooo damn expensive, not to mention those friendly BMW oil changes
    1999 White Pontiac
    A4, slp loudmouth, pacesetter headers, ws6 wheels, SLP cold air kit, wings west kit

:rock:

Comment

Never said German cars are not money pits... They suck too.

Look at 3.8Ls they are reliable, they don't explode when getting rearended like the Pinto does!

Seems to me average FWD car, even GM ones last a bit longer....

My friend visiting has a 2k malibu, no issues, just needs brakes.

My fiance's 2k cavalier only had a rear break issue, and it was minor.

My dad's 2k1 vette, only had a flip up headlight issue.

all are roughly the same age as my car, and have had less problems, beyond anything that can be related to "racing"

forget it if you get into trucks...

I know people with Focus(which are POSs) too and they seemed to have made it to 80k with no significant problems.

Comment

Eric....you're car is just built badly. I have never heard of anyone having the problems with your car as you do, and you barely have the mileage that alot of people have. My Monte Carlo, with the DOHC engine, has had less problems than your car. I bet over the last three and a half years I have had the Monte, I haven't had to put more than $1500 in repairs other than normal maintenence. An alternator, some ball joints, one (and now two) CV axles, lower mani intake gaskets, and thats pretty much it.

YOUR car just sucks.
        1995 Pontiac Firebird
        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

it is a lemon. :)
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
            it is a lemon. :)
            Maybe it is.... I haven't put much money into it, but only really because I do everything myself. It would have been way worse if I went through a mechanic or something.

And to be honest I have been around people with worse luck then me... **** one guy has a bad rear main leak at 35k, and a bad injector.

but either way it still is faster then most of the board with less :) I should sell it and buy a PI Mustang.
            Last edited by DAS BOOT; 09-02-2007, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Those don't seem to be 3.8 problems but camaro problems...

all minor, I would expect any car to have similar if not more problems for the age of yours...
              1999 Camaro Z/28
              1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
                Those don't seem to be 3.8 problems but camaro problems...

all minor, I would expect any car to have similar if not more problems for the age of yours...

hence why I put won't be reccomending 3.8L f-bodies as a "good" car to get.... putting it more into the LT1 category, "migt be fun, but not as reliable as most cars on the road"

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
                  ehh whatever I am sure this will fall on deaf ears anyways, this is the same forum that had to ask if they should trade a v6 f-body for a testarosa.
                  Yes you are, f-bodies are built by the hand of God you know. :poke: yeah it is...
                  1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

your going to have problems with every car. everything goes. some cars are easier to work on in some aspects but at the same point some things are harder. once you know your car, you can do thing pretty fast.
                    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

i think all cars are going to be in the opinion of the holder, so its really pointless to argue this, but what the starter of the thread has to remeber is look at it from 2 points instead of sticking so strongly to his opinion instead of considering others, you gotta be flexable if your going to make a strong arguement
                      1999 White Pontiac
                      A4, slp loudmouth, pacesetter headers, ws6 wheels, SLP cold air kit, wings west kit

Comment

sorry for that being so confusing, im really wired on caffine right now lols
                        1999 White Pontiac

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer
                          Hell, I'd take insurance money too. Why? Because the KBB on my car is around what I could get a modded LT1 for. That makes me cry :( I even found a 79 with the following: 350 Crate Motor (GM Goodwrench), TH 350 Turbo Tranny (Less than 5000 Miles on engine/tranny), B&M Shift Kit, TCI 3000 Stall, 234/244 Summit Cam, Accel blue print distrib, Holley 600 4 barrel Carb with K&N cleaner, Weidand aluminum intake, HT 53,000 volt coil, 10 bolt posi with Richmond gears 3.73, KYB shocks on all 4 corners, Hotchkis 1.5 inch Springs, American Racing Outlaw 2 Aluminum wheels, Comp Engineering SFC, Rebuilt brake system, Blacked out down to the taillight covers and 5% tints. For what my car's supposedly worth (KBB is ~$4400)
                          I really needed something to drive to school so i looked for a v6 camaro...well i decided to keep the Z after this:
                          this boy with a stock 1999 v6 camaro 125,xxxmiles,ragged interior, and some deep scratches in the paint wouldn't trade his car and $500 to my modded 1994 Z28 w/a new paintjob becuase a z w/over 100,xxx miles isn't worth anything and it wasn't worth the money i was askin for it.
                          he wanted 3k for his car and i wanted 5500 for mine, I even made the offer his car and 500 boot for my car (id be takin a big loss) and he wouldn't do it, so basically he was sayin my car wasn't worth $3500
                          lol I laughed at him.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
                            hence why I put won't be reccomending 3.8L f-bodies as a "good" car to get.... putting it more into the LT1 category, "migt be fun, but not as reliable as most cars on the road"
                            hey now, us lt1 owners are offended. we are in a class of our own when it comes to lack of reliability. :p

honestly, i get so tired of hearing that damn statement. lt1s are not THAT bad. pain in the *** to work on ya, but they are just as reliable as any other car. yes the opti sucks, but even then.. its not that bad. other than the opti the only other problem lt1s have is the backside of the intake manifold is prone to leak, but that can be taken care of by deleteing the egr (which is what causes the flipping leak in the first place.)

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                            Or this

Comment

^^^

Buy an ls1
                              Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

**** the ls1

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                                Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X