Getting a snake...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Getting a snake...

lol of course i am and vanbibber you should have said you did not want to show up tiny ;)

ya tiny is still a baby... her mom was 23 feet at 285 lbs at time of death

Comment

hell i wont lie, theres no showing up tiny.

if my **** was 19 feet long and weighed 150lbs id have to carry the thing in a shopping cart with a beware of the penis sign attached.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

tiny is 8 lbs more then me daaaaaaammmmm
        <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

ya tiny is a big girl lol..

man she has trouble getting in the bath tub let alone a shoping cart lol..

Comment

I have two corn snakes they are decent size and docile. Also look at ball pythons. Be careful with the under tank heaters they can sometimes burn the belly of the snakes.
            - Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death -

Comment

Dear god, I dont think that would fit in the 20 gallon tank...

Comment

Originally posted by 96_Fbird
                I have two corn snakes they are decent size and docile. Also look at ball pythons. Be careful with the under tank heaters they can sometimes burn the belly of the snakes.

I've been reading that the undertank ones are better, and more controlled than heat rocks and such, which i've never used a heat rock before with any of my animals.

I'm getting mixed ideas on the sizes of these snakes..

A ball python should be around 5ft full adult? and a corn snake about the same?

As far as eating, twice a week while there young, then start to try once a week and see how they look?

Ahank i'm sure i could use a lot of info from you. I'm not very familiar with the ball pythons, but they seem to be pretty good snakes.
                2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Ahank i'm sure i could use a lot of info from you. I'm not very familiar with the ball pythons, but they seem to be pretty good snakes.[/QUOTE]

the reason i say go ball python is they are heavy body snakes heavy bodied snakes are so much easier to handle. when milk snake probaly wont get much more then 4 feet but can. when ball python females can get 6 feet when males will get around 4.

milk snakes yes they move around more. but they also try and hid more then ball pythons

"feeding" i feed my baby snakes when they are little once every 7 days then once they are about 2 years old i kick it back to once every 10 days

trust me its well worth the extra 50 bucks. i have had every kind of snakes from
                  albino cobras
                  reticulated pythons
                  ball pythons
                  milk snakes
                  corn snakes
                  boomslangs
                  gabbon vipers
                  eyelash vipers
                  rattle snakes
                  thats not even a 1/25 of what i have had and all i can say once you go boas or pythons all other snakes seem obsolete......

have you ever though of boa constrictors ?
                  Last edited by ahank1; 08-27-2007, 02:19 AM.

Comment

hey i dont know were you would be getting your snake but i get everything from here. i know about 70% of the breeders on here
                    http://market.kingsnake.com/
                    check it out man

Comment

Go with a ball python. Try to get one as a baby though they will be less tempermental with the feeding. I currently have a baby, got her at 18 inches she's up to 2 feet in less than a year now. She started eating the second I brought her home. Previous to her I bought an adult ball python and he didn't eat for 15 months, not good. Undertank heater is what I have just triple up the paper so they don't lay on it and get burned. Anywho pythons are great pets, I don't care what anyone says my python has as much personality as a cat or dog.
                      Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

I second hank, don't go corn or milk snake. Oh yeah a friendly word of advice that I'm sure hank can testify too as well. With boas and pythons they have one of the better senses of smell in the reptile world. When feeding your snake, more so as they get bigger, if you can't move quicker than them make sure you a) wash your hands before waving le mouse in front of them and/or b) wear gloves. The snake I have now would be like a razor cut, my 4.5 ft ball I had before, he got a hold of me and ripped my hand a new anus, it basically looked like I stuck my hand in a biohazard bag. My own fault because I didn't do a or b above.
                        Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys, looks like my mind is made up, and I'll spend the little extra to get the ball python.

Ahank, you ask if I concidered boa constrictors... I did look at them a short bit and they seem like they'd be a bit too large for where I'm at now.. Obviously I have the 20 gallon now, and when my snake gets larger I'll by a larger tank or make my own to accomodate for it. But at my apartment, I dont think I could house anything over 6 feet. If I was still living at home it wouldn't be an issue, or if I had a house of my own.

Now i've noticed that females tend to be more expensive than the males. Is this mainly due to breeding or does it come into play with size and such? Since you say females grow larger and if need be (which I hope I dont have to) can be sold for more money, I think thats a better choice for me. I want something large but I'd say 6 feet is a good medium for what I want with out getting in over my head.
                          2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by ahank1
                            hey i dont know were you would be getting your snake but i get everything from here. i know about 70% of the breeders on here
                            http://market.kingsnake.com/
                            check it out man
                            Thanks for the link, I'll check it out..

Most likely though I'll be getting it from a local petstore back home who specializes in reptiles, and a little in birds and such. I'm on a first name basis there and I really trust the owner in what she says about where she gets her animals. I've bought both my birds from her, and other numerous pets I've had, so if she has what I want there I'll probably purchase from her.

Here in toledo the only places I could find were pet supplies plus and a petco, and I would rather not buy anything from them other than supplies if need be, I just went in there to look and price and such.

I really need to find a better pet shop around here...
                            2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

I thought you were going to say you were buying a viper.
                              I was going to swing in and say "good choice!"

Get both!
                              1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
                              1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

lol i have a viper :)

dont play with this one to much. on slip up could be your last slip up..

oh and i say boa because they are slow growers but they are nice when they get older

females are more expensive because breeding perps. co-dom morphs normals are real useful

like a pastel bp and a normal bp will make 50% pastels and 50% normals

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X