Montreal F1 Grand Prix weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montreal F1 Grand Prix weekend

Looks like Lewis Hamilton just won his first career F1 GP in Montreal. They're calling him the Tiger Woods of racing...seems like a good guy.

I heard the cars all day at the airport where I work. Went downtown last night and caught most of the action. Gotta love F1 weekend in Montreal...there were Ferraris, Lambo's, Maseratti's and Lotus's (plural Loti?) all over the place. Fiats, Ferraris and Alfa Romeo's were on display on Peel, Hondas on Crescent and sltty looking European women everywhere!

Re: Montreal F1 Grand Prix weekend

that was a really amusing race. I'm just glad Hamilton won it, he certainly deserved to.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88
      Looks like Lewis Hamilton just won his first career F1 GP in Montreal. They're calling him the Tiger Woods of racing...seems like a good guy.

I heard the cars all day at the airport where I work. Went downtown last night and caught most of the action. Gotta love F1 weekend in Montreal...there were Ferraris, Lambo's, Maseratti's and Lotus's (plural Loti?) all over the place. Fiats, Ferraris and Alfa Romeo's were on display on Peel, Hondas on Crescent and sltty looking European women everywhere!
      Badass... Tell me more about this. And why have I never gone there to check one of these races out? Did I already miss my chance for the year? It all makes sense now why they have a Ferrari store around every block.
      <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

yeah you missed your chance for F1 this year. Its in Indianapolis next weekend tho. Every year around Father's day the race is held in Mtl...its a huge party...apparently this city embraces the Formula 1 better than any. There will be smaller, but equally fun events for the Kart and Nascar races coming up here before the end of the summer though. Probably more American muscle driving around than Ferraris and Lambos though as F1 attracts the ultra rich and Europeans.

Comment

yeah you missed your chance for F1 this year. Its in Indianapolis next weekend tho. Every year around Father's day the race is held in Mtl...its a huge party...apparently this city embraces the Formula 1 better than any. There will be smaller, but equally fun events for the Kart and Nascar races coming up here before the end of the summer though. Probably more American muscle driving around than Ferraris and Lambos though as F1 attracts the ultra rich and Europeans.
          You guys need to do somethign about your track tho, my word. The Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve is contracted until 2011 but unless you guys revamp the facilites and (most likey, after Kubicas big crash) the saftey of the track you can bet that Bernie will move the race else where. (look what happend to Suzuka)

i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
          R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

They just resurfaced the track before last year's race. I've been on the track and its ultra-smooth. There's a very high rubber content in the asphalt. When the drivers talk about marbles, they're talking about the rubber that rises when the asphalt is hot and worn by race car traffick all weekend. In my opinion the problem is that the rubber content is a little too high. That being said, I'm sure they'll resurface it again if there are any official complaints.
            Bernie can say whatever he wants, but he and everyone else knows the race isn't leaving Montreal. Like I said before, the city embraces the F1 too well to move it out. Jackie Stewart said the other day that only Montreal and Melbourne, Australia have parties like this when F1 comes to town. Its good for the sport.

Comment

my favorite race all year is definately monaco... i love road courses. Everyone races on a track, its sweet to see them out on city streets.
              2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Bernie can say whatever he wants, but he and everyone else knows the race isn't leaving Montreal. Like I said before, the city embraces the F1 too well to move it out. Jackie Stewart said the other day that only Montreal and Melbourne, Australia have parties like this when F1 comes to town. Its good for the sport.
                Heh, don't be so sure. Very popular tracks/locations have been dropped from the calendar before, and it will happen again in the future.

Besides Ecclestone was said to be complaining about Montreals cramped paddock area and pit layout. Not to mention there could be saftey concerns over the lack of run off areas around the track. I shouldn't think they'll have to worry about the track surface tho.

When the drivers talk about marbles, they're talking about the rubber that rises when the asphalt is hot and worn by race car traffick all weekend. In my opinion the problem is that the rubber content is a little too high.
                This confuses me ..
                When drivers talk about marbles they're talking about the tiny pill shaped bits of rubber that shread off the cars tires and accumulate in the "unused" sections of the track..
                Sounds like you're saying the rubber seeps through the tarmac..?

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
                  This confuses me ..
                  When drivers talk about marbles they're talking about the tiny pill shaped bits of rubber that shread off the cars tires and accumulate in the "unused" sections of the track..
                  Sounds like you're saying the rubber seeps through the tarmac..?
                  you're right... you can see them on any slicks really.. the rubber is so soft it beads up along the edges of the tires...
                  2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

you guys are probably right about the marbles in general. I was referring to what Nick Heidfeld said in an intereview after the race. I figured he was talking about a problem with the track when he said marbles. He basically said the marbles were unacceptable so I'm assuming he figured the track was making the marbles from the tires worse. Either way the track does have its problems.

Comment

you guys are probably right about the marbles in general. I was referring to what Nick Heidfeld said in an intereview after the race. I figured he was talking about a problem with the track when he said marbles. He basically said the marbles were unacceptable so I'm assuming he figured the track was making the marbles from the tires worse. Either way the track does have its problems.
                      Yea, i remember the announcers talking about how the marbles were worse at Montreal.. i think it might just be that the track is narrower than most so that you have less room before you're "in the marbles". Eitherway i hope they do update the track, it would be a shame if Bernie dropped it, even if it were for just a year (like they did with Spa) or two.

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

And the USGP is this weekend......damnit. I have been to every one of them, including the inaugural, and only missed one. Now I have to miss this weekends race.
                        1995 Pontiac Firebird
                        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                          And the USGP is this weekend......damnit. I have been to every one of them, including the inaugural, and only missed one. Now I have to miss this weekends race.
                          Why's that?

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
                            Why's that?
                            My guess is because I am poor for two more weeks.

I know the USGP gets some bad rap, but it is a decent race for what it is, and the location is ideal for a United States race.
                            1995 Pontiac Firebird
                            2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                              My guess is because I am poor for two more weeks.

I know the USGP gets some bad rap, but it is a decent race for what it is, and the location is ideal for a United States race.
                              Yea, sucks.. i suppose you'll at least be able to watch on television tho. I'll be somewhere in the middle of Wyoming by the time the race comes on so i'm gonna miss it :(

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X