$200,000 for a Vw golf .....w/75000 miles - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$200,000 for a Vw golf .....w/75000 miles

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $200,000 for a Vw golf .....w/75000 miles

and reserve still not met ............no, i am not joking ...........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1272071&rd=1,1

:)
    09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
    sigpic

www.the370z.com

Re: $200,000 for a Vw golf .....w/75000 miles

I know... I was outbid. But, it's not over yet!

Lounge Moderator

Comment

who buys that is retarded.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
        thats all

Comment

maybe if it was the popes ferrari...
          2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Its for charity.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
            i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
            R.I.P. '07 Pats
            Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

yup, cuz giving money to Habitat for Humanity is super-retarded. Try reading the entire ad next time

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
                yup, cuz giving money to Habitat for Humanity is super-retarded. Try reading the entire ad next time
                If it was Habitat for Humanity that was selling it, I would understand, but its not. So after Golden Palace gets their cut from the sale, they will give a portion to Habitat for Humanity. And then once Habitat for Humanity gets it, they are going to take a very large portion of it just to keep the organization running. Similar to the United Way, only 2 or 3 cents for every dollar goes to actually helping the people, the rest goes to keeping the organization afloat. So in a way, it is super-retarded. There are other ways of donating money that will reach the needy more effectively.
                1995 Pontiac Firebird
                2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Its got 75,000 KMs on it btw, not miles. Not to be picky, but that's a little less mileage, so a little more bang for the buck!

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                    If it was Habitat for Humanity that was selling it, I would understand, but its not. So after Golden Palace gets their cut from the sale, they will give a portion to Habitat for Humanity.
                    From the ad itself

Proceeds from this auction will benefit Habitat for Humanity Great Britain, building hope all over the world.
                    Didn't say "a portion of the proceeds" it just straight up said "the proceeds" With such wording, one can only assume all the proceeds are going to habitat for humanity. To assume Golden Palace gets any money from the auction is putting words in their mouth.

And then once Habitat for Humanity gets it, they are going to take a very large portion of it just to keep the organization running. Similar to the United Way, only 2 or 3 cents for every dollar goes to actually helping the people, the rest goes to keeping the organization afloat.
                    And guess how much money would be going to the needy people without organizations like United Way or Habitat for Humanity? I'm shooting for somewhere in the range of zero cents.

So in a way, it is super-retarded. There are other ways of donating money that will reach the needy more effectively.
                    Really? Cuz remember, the winner of the auction gets a rather note-worthy car...it's not just that they're giving $200K to an organization. Furthermore, unless i've been living in a cave for the last 21 years, not many people are exactly walking up to a homeless person and give them $200K in a burlap sack with a dollar sign on it. So, if dangling a carrot infront of the rich people's faces gets them to donate, I say go for it

Comment

Haven't you all seen Barrett Jackson and the insane amounts of money they get for charity cars. There was a Hummer that got a million for the vehicle and contribtutions of about 250k just because it was for a charity. People do crazy things for the right causes.
                      Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

if you look at the pictures... there is a signed note saying that 40% of the sale will go to the charity.

only 40% of 200,000 +

its a VW golf, you think they could do better than that.
                        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
                          i dont care what the money is going towards. donate the money for the sake of donating it then. dont buy a used car just because the pope used to drive it. who cares about it, its not like youre getting anything more than a car with a story. as said above, the money isnt all going to go to the charity anyways.

get the stick out of your ***

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                          Or this

Comment

last pic in the auction says "40% of proceeds" go to habitat for humanity. so no, not all the proceeds go to them. read the whole article people.
                            theyre trying to make mega profit off of a car that a pope owned.
                            its ridiculous what people will do for money and fame anymore. they plastered vinyl decals with the popes pic, "pope benedict mobile" and their own busisness name all over it for crying out loud. scam.
                            foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
                            if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

i dont care what the money is going towards. donate the money for the sake of donating it then.
                              LOL @ u for thinking that actually works.
                              Seriously, when's the last time you've given money out of your pocket to a homeless person/begger on the street? The truth of the matter is yes, the donations get deminished, but it's much more than the less-than-fortunate would get without organizations like the one running the auction.

dont buy a used car just because the pope used to drive it. who cares about it, its not like youre getting anything more than a car with a story.
                              It's called marketing/advertising...fairly common-place outside of VW charity eBay auctions....look at all the hype around SS/WS6 f-bodies.

get the stick out of your ***
                              Ladies first

Originally posted by CamaroJeff™
                              last pic in the auction says "40% of proceeds" go to habitat for humanity. so no, not all the proceeds go to them. read the whole article people.
                              40% of $200K is $80,000...much more than I'm willing anyone on this board has ever given. So it's not like Habitat for Humanity is getting just a few bucks, as you're trying to exaggerate.

Originally posted by CamaroJeff™
                              theyre trying to make mega profit off of a car that a pope owned.
                              its ridiculous what people will do for money and fame anymore. they plastered vinyl decals with the popes pic, "pope benedict mobile" and their own busisness name all over it for crying out loud. scam.
                              As I said before, if dangling a carrot in front of the faces of people who can afford to buy a $200K car gets $80,000 going to needy people, I say do it.

I can't believe how arrogant and self-centered some people are being about this auction, just because 100% of the money made isn't for charity. That $80K is nothing to scoff at, and is exponentially more than what any member of this board has, or ever will give to charity.
                              Last edited by Smoke Panther; 04-07-2007, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X