WESTERN AUTO SUCKS A$$!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WESTERN AUTO SUCKS A$$!!!!!!!!

I bought a Walbro 255 high pressure pump the other day and went to get it installed today. Western Auto was the only place who could take me in today so I dropped off my car. They dropped the tank and everything before they realized that my pump was Walbro and not a factory GM one. Instead of saying they didnt know how to install it, they insisted that I had purchased the wrong pump for my vehicle. To make a long story short, I had to explain to them that the pump was made for my car however it was not a direct replacement, some slight mods were needed. When they realized I knew more than they did, they had a new excuse as to why they couldnt install it. They said they couldnt figure out how to open the plastic housing that holds the factory pump! The mechanic was "scared" that he would break it. To top it all off, they had my car for a total of 6 1/2 hours and did not install my Walbro pump, yet they charged me for the labor! I had to pay it to get my car back. As soon as I paid I tried to do a stop payment but my bank wont let me. I have to file a dispute. Fortunately, I was able to get an appointment with Keith Craft Motorsports for tomorrow and they will do it. The only thing is, Im paying for labor twice.

DONT EVER GO TO WESTERN AUTO!!!!!!!!!!!
    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/c368/rallysportchic97/\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/c368/rallysportchic97/</a>

where'd you buy the pump? (in the market for one)

You could always sue them and see if you'll win, or you could try to talk to a manager/owner tomorrow.
    2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
    Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

those biatttttches
      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Did you explain that the pump wasn't a drop-in replacement and would require mods to the fuel bucket before you dropped the car off?
        Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
        Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

who cares, even if she didnt she shouldnt have had to pay if they couldnt finish the job.
          Thats complete [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
          *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by rallysportchic97:
            I bought a Walbro 255 high pressure pump the other day and went to get it installed today. Western Auto was the only place who could take me in today so I dropped off my car. They dropped the tank and everything before they realized that my pump was Walbro and not a factory GM one. Instead of saying they didnt know how to install it, they insisted that I had purchased the wrong pump for my vehicle. To make a long story short, I had to explain to them that the pump was made for my car however it was not a direct replacement, some slight mods were needed. When they realized I knew more than they did, they had a new excuse as to why they couldnt install it. They said they couldnt figure out how to open the plastic housing that holds the factory pump! The mechanic was "scared" that he would break it. To top it all off, they had my car for a total of 6 1/2 hours and did not install my Walbro pump, yet they charged me for the labor! I had to pay it to get my car back. As soon as I paid I tried to do a stop payment but my bank wont let me. I have to file a dispute. Fortunately, I was able to get an appointment with Keith Craft Motorsports for tomorrow and they will do it. The only thing is, Im paying for labor twice.

DONT EVER GO TO WESTERN AUTO!!!!!!!!!!!
            bring it to me i'll have it done in an hour for free lol
            www.turbov6camaro.com
            1997 3800 Series II Camaro
            4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
            7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
            11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

I spoke to the owner today and he told me to never come back! He said the whole thing was my fault because I didnt tell them that it was an aftermarkter pump. I told him that if the mechanic looked at the pump before he started on my car, he would have known that it was aftermarket b/c the GM pumps come with the bucket and the Walbro obviously doesnt. When I said that, his response was "Well ma'am, we're just a western auto, thats all." That was his response to everything. Im going to file a complaint with the BBB and possibly pursue legal action.
              <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/c368/rallysportchic97/\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/c368/rallysportchic97/</a>

Comment

Originally posted by rallysportchic97:
                I spoke to the owner today and he told me to never come back! He said the whole thing was my fault because I didnt tell them that it was an aftermarkter pump. I told him that if the mechanic looked at the pump before he started on my car, he would have known that it was aftermarket b/c the GM pumps come with the bucket and the Walbro obviously doesnt. When I said that, his response was "Well ma'am, we're just a western auto, thats all." That was his response to everything. Im going to file a complaint with the BBB and possibly pursue legal action.
                it dont matter the pump fits right in the bucket !!!!! look at graymans site for a write up about it
                www.turbov6camaro.com
                1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Had to get another phone
                  by ssms5411
                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                  1 week ago
                • ssms5411
                  Leaking front cover
                  by ssms5411
                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                  2 weeks ago
                • transamtom1
                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                  by transamtom1
                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X