Retro vs. Metro, what do you guys think. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro vs. Metro, what do you guys think.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro vs. Metro, what do you guys think.

Small site. It has brief statements from individuals who are either considered metro or retro. But those statements is worth a thousand words.

There is a part their on Michael Moore and Mel Gibson. Now I really think that Michael Moore is a Commy. What a jerk. Just my take.

www.retrovsmetro.org

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

The world is one big F-up up place.

Take my advice, make as much money as possible, gain as much power as possible, and make things for the better of yourself and the world.

Comment

They're just trying to polarize people but that doesn't work.

Not every conservative agrees with all of the traditionally "conservative" issues, not all liberals are for gay marriage and legalizing recreational drugs.

I am a conservative that hates Bush and is for abortion and welfare, for example...

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan:

Not every conservative agrees with all of the traditionally "conservative" issues, not all liberals are for gay marriage and legalizing recreational drugs.

I am a conservative that hates Bush and is for abortion and welfare, for example...
        Can we say then that you are a left wing conservative. Much like Arnold Schwazenneger.

I'm definately a conservative. I used to be a liberal when I was an atheist. Now I'm against gay marriage, and abortion. Believes in traditional values, nuclear family and am most likely to vote for Bush.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stefan:

Can we say then that you are a left wing conservative. Much like Arnold Schwazenneger.

I'm definately a conservative. I used to be a liberal when I was an atheist. Now I'm against gay marriage, and abortion. Believes in traditional values, nuclear family and am most likely to vote for Bush.
          </font>[/QUOTE]PLEASE read "Whats the Matter With Kansas?" by Thomas Frank before you vote!!!

TRUST ME, you can be a devout Christian and STILL vote for a Democrat. Abortion and gay marriage are issues, but there are MUCH BIGGER issues we can worry about.

"We worship an awesome God in the blue states, and we have gay friends in the red states" - Barack Obama, Dem candidate for US Senate, IL.
          Basically saying, many Democrats are Christian and there are gay people that are Republican.

Everyone needs to stop classifying people by their social views - we can all conflict on these and still go to the same Church. We can even disagree on abortion and gay marriage and vote AGAINST Bush.

Comment

looking from a purely strategic standpoint, wouldn't it be more advantageous to build bombs than to teach third-world kids? if you teach them, they get smarter, and more attractive as employment opportunities to corporations, who then outsource jobs that should go to Americans. it's happening right now...that's part of the reason why unemployment is high.

on top of that, bombs kill terrorists. i can't throw a book at mr. jihad and expect it to kill him on contact. gimme an F/A-18 Hornet with some laser-targeted bombs, though, and bye-bye terrorist.
            \'98 Camaro - SOLD<br />Best E/T: 15.489 @ 86.48 MPH<br />60\': 2.131<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/skorpion317\" target=\"_blank\">members.cardomain.com/skorpion317 </a><br />1998 Saturn SL2<br />Official <a href=\"http://www.njdisturbance.com\" target=\"_blank\">NJ Disturbance</a> bracket racer

Comment

also, the "retro vs. metro" term is stupid. something that is "metro" is trendy, hip, etc. does being trendy make you right, though? i think not. they should re-think their slogan.
              \'98 Camaro - SOLD<br />Best E/T: 15.489 @ 86.48 MPH<br />60\': 2.131<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/skorpion317\" target=\"_blank\">members.cardomain.com/skorpion317 </a><br />1998 Saturn SL2<br />Official <a href=\"http://www.njdisturbance.com\" target=\"_blank\">NJ Disturbance</a> bracket racer

Comment

Let's sell all our weapons, including nuclear weapons to North Korea! I mean that way we'll have more money to help our education system right? :rolleyes:
                Lenore<br />Red 1996 Camaro 3.8L M5<br />Flowmaster 80 Series, Pro-5.0 Shifter

Comment

No one fits completely on oneside or the other. I'm a conservative thats for abortion and legalization of recreational drugs
                  RedlineVSix

Comment

Hey Stefan, I agree you with on this on.

I consider myself a hardcore liberal, but I don't particularly care for much of Bush and his ideas, and Im "for" abortion (well, woman's choice at least, I dont want to go into HUGE details).

I never really thought about the benefits of recreational drug usage and legalization of such.

What would be some positives and negatives to that. I can think of a few, but, go on.
                    Summer:<br />1999 Black Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />5-speed, T-Tops, Chrome Rims, TA Hatch, Reflective Decals.<br /><br />Winter:<br />2000 Silver Grand Am GT<br />Reflective Black Badge Overlays, chrome

Comment

Originally posted by skorpion317:
                      looking from a purely strategic standpoint, wouldn't it be more advantageous to build bombs than to teach third-world kids? if you teach them, they get smarter, and more attractive as employment opportunities to corporations, who then outsource jobs that should go to Americans. it's happening right now...that's part of the reason why unemployment is high.
                      Um, yeah... you could look at it that way. But the way it really works is if we teach them they won't become terrorists in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazing_Firebird:
                        I consider myself a hardcore liberal, but I don't particularly care for much of Bush and his ideas, and Im "for" abortion
                        You consider yourself a liberal BUT you don't care for Bush? If you're a liberal you shouldn't care for him at all--he's a conservative (or at least calls himself one--I call him a moron headstrong cowboy retard Texan who's turning the rest of the entire world against us). And most liberals are pro-choice, too.

[img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img] ;)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                          Hello everyone!
                          by Andy H
                          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                          2 weeks ago
                        • 3.4 slow to go
                          hey there strangers!
                          by 3.4 slow to go
                          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X