is it bad if.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it bad if.......

i rev my Fiat 1.4 Tipo to 7900 RPM and drop the clutch and nothing happens till like 5500 RPM, then finally i start moving [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Nah, the little bugger loves when you thrash its driveline [img]smile.gif[/img]
    *SOLD 9/4/05*<br />1998 Navy Blue Metallic Camaro M5<br />-Flowmaster cat back<br />-Accel Ignition<br />-K&N Air Filter<br />-Hurst Shift Knob<br /><br />Currently vehicle-less at Ohio State :(

Comment

i still had the air flap to the floor and it didn't start moving till then [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

EDIT; ;)

[ September 16, 2004, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: viper04af ]
      www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

I think you're finally starting to get a grasp of this typing/spelling thing Viper! (except for that peddel mistake) ;)

Comment

Originally posted by hawgs:
          I think you're finally starting to get a grasp of this typing/spelling thing Viper! (except for that peddel mistake) ;)
          see edit
          www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

That is all!

Comment

hehe I had a rented cavalier, thing was rough, rev it to the limiter, and neutral dropped the sucker, and it would bog and jsut go. :( Not even a chirp :(

Lit the tires up in an alero though, wonder what motor it had, likely a 3100?

Comment

I dunno, is it bad if you have a rented Cavvy and you are doing 80 and throw it in reverse?

Comment

On my T/A, after myolder bro trashed the clutch disc, weput in a regualr replacement & I could dump it at 3k, at sit there until 5ecs later,when the burning clutch smell would enter the cabin & finally move.

Take that experiance fwiw
                  1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                  2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                  94 comero 3.4

Comment

ljf;adoirjheirh;oauhf;asdlnreh

Comment

there is nothing wrong with dropping the clutch as long as you have renter's insurance.
                      just make sure you get all that of of your system so you dont try it with your nice camaro ;)
                      Originally posted by Vyse:
                      ljf;adoirjheirh;oauhf;asdlnreh
                      ok
                      atleast when i post whore, i say something [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]
                      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] Nothing quite as fun as heating a clutch disc up to about 7000000 degrees
                        <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Originally posted by Ian:
                          I dunno, is it bad if you have a rented Cavvy and you are doing 80 and throw it in reverse?
                          wtheck?.... wouldn't your tranny just drop into the street or something?
                          Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleicvitriol:
                            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ian:
                            wtheck?.... wouldn't your tranny just drop into the street or something? </font>[/QUOTE]WElll,it will make a lot of quick ticking noises first......fromwhat I've been told [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]
                            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                            94 comero 3.4

Comment

I raced a friend some time ago when I was learning how to drive a manual(years ago).

Accidentally downshifted from 5 to 2 coming off the highway at an extreme rate of speed and blew a hole in the side of the tranny. It didn't actually drop out of the car just lots of fluid and smoke and no more go!

:D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X