How do you go about finding a job from another state? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you go about finding a job from another state?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you go about finding a job from another state?

I'm seriously thinking of moving to Oregon and get the heck out of Calif. Sick of the expenses and emission test (both my truck and birds are failing).

My wife is trying to bid for job in Oregon where her company have a branch in. But I got nothing going for me.

Is there a website, newspaper, or people you know I could hook up too ;)

Is there a best way to look for job in another state?

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

if you have a professional association (for me, the ASLA and APA), they should have classifieds where you can post your resume or search through listings.

monster.com has worked for my friends, as well as searching government data job listings.

Comment

monster.com was a great source, but Ive found that most of the positions are actually listed my head-hunter firms. When I was about to graduate, one of those places got my name from our campus Career Center and they are still contacting me about different postions, even though I moved away from that city two years ago. I actually just started calling and sending resumes to the places that I wanted to work at, weather or not they were advertising. I got a lot of interviews and a couple of offers from places that werent looking before I contacted them. What industry are you in?
      \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

Monster.com is good, so is dice.com... there are a few other sites that do the same too.

Not really sure if the next will apply to you:

If you're initiated into a fraternity, call up your national hq and tell them you're moving... see if they can hook you up with an alumni there. Lambda Chi Alpha is the only one that actually has a program for this. Once you graduate, you call/email/send a letter to HQ saying what field and where you're moving, in three months they'll get back to you with 3-5 alumni that live in the area that have already been contacted about you willing to help you get into that field. Neat little program... first of it's sort.
        2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
        Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

Originally posted by Skapimp:
          If you're initiated into a fraternity, call up your national hq and tell them you're moving... see if they can hook you up with an alumni there. Lambda Chi Alpha is the only one that actually has a program for this. Once you graduate, you call/email/send a letter to HQ saying what field and where you're moving, in three months they'll get back to you with 3-5 alumni that live in the area that have already been contacted about you willing to help you get into that field. Neat little program... first of it's sort.
          ...or you can be a big boy and find a job on your own. :rolleyes:

Comment

You're right, if someone knew where I could get a job.. I'd turn it down becuase I didn't find it myself. :rolleyes:

It's good to have all the help you can get.
            2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
            Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

its easy on the net.
              what city are you going to? get online and look up that towns newspaper and hit the jobs section. look at the neihghboring towns and do the same.
              or what do you do? i work in a hospital so before i moved i looked up the city information online and it actually gave me a list of hospitals in and around the town - as far as 30 miles away. got their number called them up, told 'em i was moving to their parts and when i got here i had already applied online and walked right into an interview and a job.
              but to get my initial job up here i used a recruiter that took care of everything.
              you would be amazed what you could do by just calling them and telling them you are about to relocate.
              6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

I would recommend the Oregon state employment site. They have mostly remedial jobs but you didn't exactly specify what kind of work you are looking for. It really depends on what part of Oregon too....Portland, Salem, Eugene, Roseburg....it really depends.
                <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

http://www.emp.state.or.us/emplsvcs/

www.oregon.gov

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                    Hello everyone!
                    by Andy H
                    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X