Movie Review- Day after tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Review- Day after tomorrow

Very enjoyable Film, I went in with kinda low expectations but it really impressed me, its a good example of exactly where cgi is at in movies at this point. Not really the strongest script but it was directed by Roland Emmerich{ Godzilla, Independence Day} and hes known for visual effects more and less on writing achievements. Ill have to admit though i spent most of the movie picking out geography and climate errors in the film but if your looking for a good action movie that will keep you entertained and on your seat then check this one out.
    Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Yeah, it was good, except for the crying about global warming. "We need to stop this global warming" and they are all freezing to death. My friends and I got a kick out of the irony. Other than the message that the director was trying to hide in the film, it was great.
    ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

Originally posted by silvachris1:
      Yeah, it was good, except for the crying about global warming. "We need to stop this global warming" and they are all freezing to death. My friends and I got a kick out of the irony. Other than the message that the director was trying to hide in the film, it was great.
      yeah, i dont think thta was all he was making up but if actually "rapid" global warming {yeah right} happened it would just melt the ice caps, which would cause flooding along shores of eastern america, canada, africa etc etc. Only way your gonna get rapid climate change is to block out the sun from the sky with alot of bombs or if a meteor hit earth and covered the sky with dust and debris. I think, i dont know i only studied meteorology for like 8 months before i got bored
      Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

the climatologist phd student that i watched it with wanted to get up and leave because the science was so bad. It was a pretty awful movie, the special effects notwithstanding.
        ╓<br />║ Matt M<br />║ <a href=\"http://home.austin.rr.com/morrism/3800/sunset_logo2.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Down with the Sixxness</a> <br />║ Polo Green 1995 3.8 Camaro<br />║ intake, cat, catback, shocks, 3.42\'s, and 12\'s in the trunk<br />╙

Comment

Originally posted by user1101:
          the climatologist phd student that i watched it with wanted to get up and leave because the science was so bad.
          Thats because some people take things too seriously and forget to realize its a movie and meant to entertain you. If everyone wanted to walked out of a movie that had something unrealistic in it then their movie collection would have like ummm 2 movies

Comment

i was quite entertained
            i enjoyed it much
            amazing what they can create these days
            <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

I just got back from seeing it. Nicely done!
              <b>2000 NBM Pontiac Firebird</b><br />3800GT Performance Package<br /><br />Intake, Magnaflow Cat, Flowmaster Cat-Back

Comment

Global warming issue is a joke, Last year our winter was the coldest its been in 10 years, but ten years ago temperatures were still colder. Yet, in our state we havent seen record heat temperatures for years. Last time is was 100 degrees in minnesota was about 4-5 years ago. Global warming is a bunch of BS, and if there is global warming its a normal thing that happens on earth. Noone can stop it or start it.

Comment

I thought that the movie was horrible. The plot and script were a joke, the special effects were mediocre, the acting was humorous, at best, and the science in it was pathetic...... They should have put a disclaimer at the beginning that this was a B rate movie off the sci-fi channel. [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img]

-Justin
                  <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

Comment

I thought it was a good movie,Good entertainment(plus I got in for free [img]tongue.gif[/img] )I mean what if our planets core suddenly shuts down, and cuase huge earth quakes and tornados show up everywhere.you can never know.Iam not saying this could happen but what if is the question?(like a astorid or Comets finally hits etc.And we cant do a dam thing about it but put your head between you legs and kiss your a$$ goodbye [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ May 31, 2004, 02:17 AM: Message edited by: GreenDragon ]
                    $Ryan$<br />95 3400 Teal Green FireBird M5<br />Mods: see link <a href=\"http://lowrider.cardomain.com/id/mystical420\" target=\"_blank\">http://lowrider.cardomain.com/id/mystical420</a> <br />1986 Gold Mazda B2000 ROTIP :)<br />*New*74 Moded 350 Chevy Pickup

Comment

I really enjoyed the movie. I realize it may not be the most realistic of movies but hell its just a movie. The special effects were awesome. I didn't see anythign wrong with the acting but oh well there must have been sometghing there or it never would have been brought up.
                      1999 Red Pontiac Grand Prix GTP- BONE STOCK<p>1996 Red Chevrolet Camaro RS (RIP)SLP Loudmouth Exhaust with dual/dual tips, SLP Cold Air Intake.

Comment

first and foremost.. global warming is not a joke.. take a look at the temperature change on average year after year.. granted it's only changed by a degree celsius or so within the past 50 years.. it only took a 7 degree change to cause the ice age.

BTW, alot of people see movies for most of them try to mimic and convey reality. Unless a movie is extremely outlandish and can be branded as a fiction or fantasy prior to seeing it. Alot of movies try to make you feel like you're there, to feel the pain of the people playing their parts. And when they fail to do that, people become critical... including myself
                        ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

I liked the movie a lot.. it was pretty badass how they did the special effects and whatnot. Plus, that girl was pretty cute that Donnie Darko was making out with.
                          <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] at those who say global warming is not happening...

it's happening. i get the feeling that you guys are at issue with its causes, not its reality. the world has experienced a few ice ages at least; we are still coming out of the old one. anishnabe traditions describe at least 2 different ice ages.

that doesn't mean we shouldn't be mindful of global warming's effects on our planet (looking in the direction of amsterdam and new orleans)

Comment

There are some bad reviews going around about it. I went and saw it when I was up in Indy for the Indy 500. It wasnt too bad, but not very good either.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X