anyone here a real estate agent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here a real estate agent?

I've been thinking of becoming one... tell me how you like it.

I am not but looked into a little, manly cuz a guy I chat with in a finance class is one, and a guy used to meet up with just started with a firm.

They both seemed to like it and it is a way to make some money, even if you just get an inside link to working on making some investments of your own.

But I am not one, I just know one.

Comment

My parents are in real estate..

What do you want to do specifically, sales or management? If you go into sales, you won't really make any money your first few years. People don't buy houses or commercial property from somebody fresh out of high school/college [img]smile.gif[/img]
      <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Takes 1-3 years to build up your book of business and most are commission-only. Not a field you should even consider until at least age 30 when you have a nest egg built up to live off while you are going 3-4 months at a time with no paycheck.

Very profitable field if you make it... but like all commission-only jobs, 95% fail.

Comment

Depends on how serious you want to get with it. If you want to be a full time sales person than Stefan is 100% correct. It's not a job for a young unknown person that's looking to make a quick buck.
          If your wanting something to supplement your income then this is a great idea. Find homes around emerging colleges and gobble them up quickly. 15K homes rent for nearly $600 a month next to the college here. I should know first hand because of the opportunities I've missed. I'm not upset though, I found a few high risk pink-sheets that lined my pockets quite well. ;) With big risks come big rewards. [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

And if you do decide to go at it alone, don't buy homes and fix them to the way you would live in them. This is a big no no. I know quite a few people who rent to families and college students. The homes will almost always be tore to hell once the tenants leave.
          Also, if you play your cards right then you should not even spend a penny out of your own pocket. Take a loan out for the house and add on money for whatever needs fixed that must be fixed by law. The only times you should see red is when no one is living there, but if you find the right area then this shouldn't be a problem. Keep paying into the loan and have it paid off in XXX amount of time. After the loan is up either sell the home or just keep renting it. The only thing you owe now is taxes and whatever utilites you agreed to pay. This is risky though if you have no money to lean back on incase there are no tenants. Good luck if you decide to give it a try!
          1998 A4 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan:
            Takes 1-3 years to build up your book of business and most are commission-only. Not a field you should even consider until at least age 30 when you have a nest egg built up to live off while you are going 3-4 months at a time with no paycheck.

Very profitable field if you make it... but like all commission-only jobs, 95% fail.
            a 1 year minimum is way off. I'd say more like 3-5 years before you would start to see any success.

And you don't necessarily need a nest egg for the times when you have no income for 3-4 months. That is why I asked if you were doing management or sales. My parents do both, so there is monthly income from the management side (plus some other stuff), then there is commission from sales.

Selling houses is a pain in the *** though. New home owners love to call every 15 minutes with question after question after question..
            <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Yea, like everyone said, its a risk. If you have great people skills, can read people, and know what the markets like, you will do well. Its one of those things that if you have the still, you do EXTREMELY well, but most people dont have the skills. I know two agents myself, and neither are 'poor', if you know what i mean. Bigass houses, luxury cars, pools, professionally decorated homes, hot wives.......the list goes on and on.

Comment

I was thinking of going into sales.

Comment

hmm, have you looked at any other aspects of real estate?....I am starting a appraisals course next year in february...I am getting a little help because my dad is an appraiser....so I have alot of clientel lined up for me...but..there are just tons of different things you could get into...start off with something easy, and learn the business...or you will be lost unless you have a teacher....good luck whatever route you take

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                  05' CTS-V
                  00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

One out of every three adults in Florida is a real estate agent.
                    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Re: anyone here a real estate agent?

Well, I am interested in collecting the information on top realtors in grand rapids as found good real estate agents over here. Your information is really very interesting and I am looking for getting services.

Comment

Are you a spammer?

Comment

Wow.. That hardly even makes sense. Guys! Guys! Our real estate info from 2004 is really very interesting!

TEAM C6V6

Comment

i hate russia

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                            Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                              Hello everyone!
                              by Andy H
                              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                              2 weeks ago
                            • 3.4 slow to go
                              hey there strangers!
                              by 3.4 slow to go
                              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X