No announcement yet.

Anyone collect swords?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like knives better, but it is just as damn expensive. i am looking at getting "the three fates". anyone that no's tactical knives will no what they are! ;)
    boost, you got it???

Comment

I have a claymore that is up to my chin from the floor (heavy too) and i have a spanish short sword.
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/maleet\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Silver Firebird</a> <br />Basic mods... nothing real special but it sure looks good!<br /><a href=\"http://www.maleetpobanz.com\" target=\"_blank\">maleetpobanz.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by andrew.brandon:
        I think an even more interesting question is does anyone practice with swords? Over the weekend my brother and myself were in the attic and found two 4.5 foot pieces of wood. So we made leather handles for them and proceeded to beat the s*** out of each other. I can see where skill with one takes much patience to learn. My hat is off to anyone that can use one with good skill.
        I've practiced a bit. You're much, much better off purchasing a boken for $12 if you're interested in learning. It's shaped and weighted exactly like a real katana, only it's made of wood so you don't kill each other (although Mayamoto Musashi, a master swordsman in feudal Japan, was known to kill an oponent with a boken as a form of insult). If you want to learn proper technique, you can read Musashi's book, The Book of Five Rings, available at any Barnes and Noble (for some unknown reason, they stock it in the business literature section).

Comment

They put it in the business section because it's an inspirational book not just pertaining to swordsmanship.

I don't collect those junk swords you can buy at the mall, I buy REAL hand forged Japanese steel and eventually I'll start collecting authentic relic swords from feudal Japan (when I'm slightly wealthier and have room for them!). But for a novice I'd highly recommend Paul Chen blades sold all over the internet but most notably on Ebay. You can get a quality blade for just over $100 that's strong enough to break all those toys that TV shopping channels offer.

Of course if you're just into the look of the swords by all means buy those decorative wall pieces. But if you're like me, a moderately trained swordsman, you'll go for the best!

I accept all duel challenges ;)
          2002 Black Firebird:<br />A4, Y87, W68, T-tops<br />Best NA ET: 15.16 @ 90<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02</a>

Comment

Originally posted by DARK SDE '02:
            They put it in the business section because it's an inspirational book not just pertaining to swordsmanship.

I don't collect those junk swords you can buy at the mall, I buy REAL hand forged Japanese steel and eventually I'll start collecting authentic relic swords from feudal Japan (when I'm slightly wealthier and have room for them!). But for a novice I'd highly recommend Paul Chen blades sold all over the internet but most notably on Ebay. You can get a quality blade for just over $100 that's strong enough to break all those toys that TV shopping channels offer.

Of course if you're just into the look of the swords by all means buy those decorative wall pieces. But if you're like me, a moderately trained swordsman, you'll go for the best!

I accept all duel challenges ;)
            Damn, we have identical goals! If I make it out to DC, I'll bring my boken (I have one hand-forged, battle-ready katana, but I'm not nearly skilled enough to use a blade yet) and I'll duel ya, then race ya. :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              3 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X