Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Comp. related help

Do I have any hope?

I had a lot of personal files that I carried with me on a flash drive. A friend wanted to borrow it to transfer some data, so I burned everything to a CD, cleared it and let him my drive. NOW, the CD cracked..... from the center ring to about 2/3 the way to the outside of the disk and my Rom wont read it.

IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN RECOVER THIS DATA???????

any companies that will recover it for me?

I have some of the stuff backed up, but not as current as what was on my USB flash drive and the (now broken) CD.
    \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

oh man, I dont think so, well at least I've never heard of it. But if I remember correctly the data isnt stored on the plastic part of the disc rather on the inner part of the film that you can write on, so if that is still intact then there maybe hope...sorry thats all I know.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

ive called a couple places. one said they *could* recover the data, but since the crack telegraphed through the foil layer where the information is written, the files will most likely have errors scattered through them. cost of recovering incomplete files = $900.00

grr....... oh well.......
      \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

What about covering the top with a label to hold it together, then trying to read it again?
        ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          2 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          2 weeks ago
        • ssms5411
          Had to get another phone
          by ssms5411
          Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X