Lookin at 05' vettes, whats in the z51 package. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lookin at 05' vettes, whats in the z51 package.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookin at 05' vettes, whats in the z51 package.

k well the camaro might go bye bye, im lookin at 2 05' c6's ones used with 160 miles on it but it has the z51 performance package, navigation, two targa tops one body color one see-through, chrome rims + all the other bells and whistles but it has a grey interior :( and they want 50,799 out the door, on the other hand brand new vette only has the see-through top which could get bad in Fl, it doesnt have navigation, but has a 6disc changer, and it doesnt have chrome it has the graphite wheels which I kinda like, and no performance package, but it has all black interior for 52,153 out the door...two questions which one would you go for remembering that grey is butt ugly, but livable, and also what is actually in the z51 performance package. I know sway bars and such but what size differances, if anyone can help me please do, I rippin my hair out over here.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

The Z51 Performance Package brings Corvette Coupe performance very close to the same level as the widely admired Z06. The Z51 offers more aggressive dampers and springs, larger stabilizer bars, and larger, cross-drilled brake rotors for optimum track performance capability while still providing a well-controlled and comfortable ride. Extensive racetrack testing reveals that a C6 equipped with the Z51 suspension almost equals the lap time of a C5 Z06 – marking a major advance in the overall performance of a Corvette Coupe by nearly approximating the extreme performance capabilities of the vaunted Z06 at a remarkable value.

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
    1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
    1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

^^^ lol in other words get the one with the z51 and just live with the grey interior... plus its cheaper and has more goodies according to your information...
      disclaimer: \"warning.. this post may contain somewhat of a funny comment if read properly... take my comment out of context at your own discretion...\"

Comment

Suspension package basically, I think the rear differential ratio is better too.
        1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenowner:
          Suspension package basically, I think the rear differential ratio is better too.
          With the Z51 /A4 you get a 3:15 instead of a 2:73 axle ratio,the manual has the 3:42 regardless of any option pakage.

When I ordered my C5 in 2003 GM deleted my order for the Z51,thus I was stuck with the disasterous 2:73.I could live without the handling package,(much rougher ride w/Z51 I was told),but put in a Z06 3:42.They used the "contsraint" BS reason why I could'nt get the Z51 or the 3:15.
          It'll be interesting to see what gear they put in the 2006 C6 6 speed auto.
          geocor

Comment

^^^ i would have told them to go to hell and went to another dealer.

from what your saying, the both have things you like and dont like. so which one do you want more? the crome wheels, navigation and a suspension package or the better color interior and a 6 cd changer?
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i hope you arent giving your camaro to a dealership without parting some of it out.
              2003 Chrome Silver Nissan 350z 6 Speed<br /><br />2001 Bright Rally Red Camaro 3800 M5-----SOLD but missed

Comment

^^^^good question
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Am I the only one that doesn't see what's wrong with grey interior?
                  1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

i think all the other good in that one would outweight the grey interior... i think i'd just learn to live with it... thats just me personally though...
                    disclaimer: \"warning.. this post may contain somewhat of a funny comment if read properly... take my comment out of context at your own discretion...\"

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardrunner:
                      i think all the other good in that one would outweight the grey interior... i think i'd just learn to live with it... thats just me personally though...
                      ya but think of how much money it is, would'nt you want it to be "perfect" at least in your own eyes? I dunno, Im kinda hesitant now, everyones talkin me out of it.

05' CTS-V

Comment

i would want it perfect.outta those two, unless ur lookin at others, i would learn to live the grey interior for the extra goodies that ud be getting for less money... just me though... lol... fvck it... id just be happy to be gettin a vette myself though... haha good luck with your choice man...

[ November 15, 2005, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: dashboardrunner ]

Comment

If your going to buy a vette I would deffentially wait for somthing that is everything you wanted.

Thats a decent amount of cash to through down for only half the things you want ect.
                          1999 Pontiac Trans Am M6 Far from stock.....
                          Pics http://rides.webshots.com/album/5599...Dk?vhost=rides

Comment

Originally posted by CamaroRob97:
                            If your going to buy a vette I would deffentially wait for somthing that is everything you wanted.

Thats a decent amount of cash to through down for only half the things you want ect.
                            ok well I got someone on my side, thankyou...dealers just dont have enough of them in stock to get exactly what I want without ordering one and paying through the nose...I guess Ill wait for my gem to be found.

05' CTS-V

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                              Had to get another phone
                              by ssms5411
                              Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                              1 week ago
                            • ssms5411
                              Leaking front cover
                              by ssms5411
                              So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                              2 weeks ago
                            • transamtom1
                              Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                              by transamtom1
                              Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X