2005 V6 Mustang goes 11's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanbibber:
    from what ive heard the stock tunes on the v6s and v8s suck. im sure with a better tune they are good for high 14s and the gts for mid 13s. all the gts ive seen at the track have been running like 14.4-14.6 range. which cracks me up when they look at my car like its slow and i bust thier a$$es down the 1/4 mile.
    I videotaped a z28 running a high 14... think it was 14.5-14.7, once i get the footage from my old computer I will post it
    <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2288859\" target=\"_blank\">1999 Mustang GT(Car Domain)</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2123740\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Pontiac Firebird(Car Domain) *SOLD*</a></b> <br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000902\" target=\"_blank\"><b>PA</b> - Maple Grove Test\'N\'Tune <i>April 15th</i></a>

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardrunner:
      i personally would rather spend the money on a car which is already fast instead of wasting the money on a car that may be fast....
      LOL@You

You see, this individual took a risk with their own money on an unproven engine. They tuned it, modified it and turned it into something that is extremely bad-***. That deserves props. Instead of sitting there saying "oh, it may not be fast so I'm not going to waste my time with it until someone proves it can go fast" they went out there and made something of it.

People moan and complain about how small our aftermarket is compared to the Mustang guy's aftermarket, and all I can say is that this is the reason why. They go out there and try while most of us sit back and whine.

Who would you rather put money on as a business owner?

P.S. I knew you were out of High School, according to your D.O.B. in your profile. I also knew my comment would get a rise out of you, so I sat back and watched you jump through the hoops. Good boy. BTW, after being out of High School for 4 years, I'd figure you could at least capitalize "I" in your responses.

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
      Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G:
        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by vanbibber:
        from what ive heard the stock tunes on the v6s and v8s suck. im sure with a better tune they are good for high 14s and the gts for mid 13s. all the gts ive seen at the track have been running like 14.4-14.6 range. which cracks me up when they look at my car like its slow and i bust thier a$$es down the 1/4 mile.
        I videotaped a z28 running a high 14... think it was 14.5-14.7, once i get the footage from my old computer I will post it </font>[/QUOTE]most do run mid-high 14s now adays. due to being beat to hell and back. mine has yet to run anything near that though. maybe the driver sucked or the car has been beat to death. if maintained right they will run low 14s-high 13s all day long.

i wish my car had 3.23s :( id easily be hittng high 13s. 2.73s are killing me.
        [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

aint got nothing on my friends stock junkyard motor V6 2000 Mustang with 10.97 at 125. ;)
          Past Ride
          1995 Firebird A4 3.8 Turbocharged -- 12.50 at 108
          (If you dont know me, you haven't had a V6 long enough)

Current Ride
          2006 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR

www.myspace.com/shane1015

Comment

Originally posted by Shane:
            aint got nothing on my friends stock junkyard motor V6 2000 Mustang with 10.97 at 125. ;)
            i want to race him...... my car goes faster if it has something to to chalange it...... it told me that yesterday as it cut my hand when i was replacing my header gasket
            www.turbov6camaro.com
            1997 3800 Series II Camaro
            4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
            7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
            11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardrunner:
              lol yeah instant "hasnt graduated high school" id since i graduated like 4 years ago... lol i never claimed to be fast... its just a v6 firebird... its not gonna be fast no matter how much money i throw into it.. i personally would rather spend the money on a car which is already fast instead of wasting the money on a car that may be fast.... i'm just sayin its still a mustang... i dont like em and am not gonna act like i do just cause its fast... what since does that make? and really if ya wanta do the whole name callin bullsh!t then come up with somethin better then douchebag... lol why can't nobody on these fvckin boards take a joke? maybe i'll start puttin disclaimers on all my post... "possible joke, don't get your panties in a wad because i'm prolly just fvckin around" haha i think i will add that from now on... anyways later... oh and im not about to be one of the people that starts like a 6 page topic arguing with anyone... so i will not post in this topic again... later
              want to race [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

you dont have to like the car but you should at least respect the owner for pushing the car that far.

racing is not about likes and dislikes. it's about who has the faster car, and respect..... alot of poeple have lost site of the respect part....

just like shane's car i know it will probly hand me my ***, but i'll still shake his had after the race [img]smile.gif[/img]

my car will not be faster then alot of car i'm doing it more for the :eek: "that was a v6?" factor and i have the power of viper, till i have the job i can go a bye a viper [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ November 13, 2005, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: viper04af ]
              www.turbov6camaro.com
              1997 3800 Series II Camaro
              4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
              7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
              11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Matt G:
                I videotaped a z28 running a high 14... think it was 14.5-14.7, once i get the footage from my old computer I will post it
                one run somewhere doesn't mean much, I once ran a 14.4 in a 01 C5 vette, that ran fine [img]smile.gif[/img]
                -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

my *slow* 94 corvette ran a 15.1 once.

...with the traction control off and smoke rolling off the tires into the 1/8th mile.
                  2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

My *slow* Camaro ran a 15.3 once.

...with no smoke or anything.
                    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

yeah pre boost and juice days [img]tongue.gif[/img]

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                      Or this

Comment

My slow (seriously, it's slow) GTP ran a 15.9, but that was at a 9000+ DA day at Bandimere. :D
                        Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                          Hello everyone!
                          by Andy H
                          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                          2 weeks ago
                        • 3.4 slow to go
                          hey there strangers!
                          by 3.4 slow to go
                          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X