Might get knee surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might get knee surgery

Saw my orthopedic surgeon today, said theirs something inflamed that runs next to my knee which is bigger than normal and when I bend my knee it gets irritated and causes me pain. He said you can try and live with it or they can do surgery and trim it down so bending doesn’t irritate it. It’s been 13 months and still hurting so I’ll give it another 6 months and if it still hurts as bad I’ll get the surgery. Sucks not being able to bend my left knee.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Yeah, if you could avoid knee surgery the better. It's always 50/50 with knee surgeries. Take antinflammatory supplements and food.

Comment

[QUOTE=2.8 Bird;n1578704]Yeah, if you could avoid knee surgery the better. It's always 50/50 with knee surgeries. Take antinflammatory supplements and food.[/QUOTE

yeah, waiting on my cardiologist to get back to me, wanted to get my heart fixed first. I’ll probably do it , its just irritating not to be able to bend down without my knee killing me. He said it is a simple surgery 2 incisions and just trimming the excess back from the knee then 3-4 months recovery.

08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

If i remember you have vsd on your heart, correct?

I have trained alot of people who have had knee surgery. I hope yours turn out well.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
          If i remember you have vsd on your heart, correct?

I have trained alot of people who have had knee surgery. I hope yours turn out well.
          Yes PFO they call it just a hole in the heart , had my stroke because of it. Yeah he said it’s a minor knee surgery just trimming the piece back to normal. So should be fine. Thanks
          Edgar do you do physical therapy as your job?
          Last edited by ssms5411; 01-22-2023, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Well see the cardiologist on the March 22 see when and how much my heart surgery is going to cost. I can’t take my knee pain anymore. Ice it every day and Tylenol 3 times a day. Can’t really do anything on it so going to see when they can get me in to fix it. Really annoying.

Comment

Saw the orthopedic surgeon yesterday, their working on scheduling me for knee surgery, said it’s only 30min to a hour, but the recovery is 4 months with physical therapy every week. He said if I just tore something it would only take 2-3 months just waiting on to see how much insurance is going to pay. If my out of pocket is in the crazy of thousands, won’t be doing it. Also saw a good cardiologist Wednesday getting a echo of my heart to see how big the hole is and will go from there. Their supposed to see how much the insurance will cover on that surgery.

Comment

Good luck Steve. I hope everything works out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                  Good luck Steve. I hope everything works out for you.
                  Thanks Edgar, me too.

Comment

Well knee stopped hurting about a week ago, so last 3-4 days been walking my dog around the block which is inclines and declines and swatted down about 25 times doing stuff, going up and down stairs, can’t get my knee to hurt like it was doing. It’s been 16 months since I hurt it and now either it healed on its own or God likes me because I’m not going to do the surgery since I’m not in pain, got the approval last week from my insurance company. But when they call me this week to schedule the surgery, I’m going to tell them it’s feeling great and cancel it. Only thing I did I can think of is helping my neighbor with carrying her water bottles about 20 of them weighing 20lbs each into her house. Took 2-3 at a time and had to go up stairs. Remember it hurting but nothing to painful. Anyone else had a injury heal on it’s own when the doctor says it won’t and you need surgery?

Comment

Still doing good, got my tension bands today started doing some stretches using a 40lb band. Feeling good. Did some on my right shoulder too since I have problems with it. 3 sets of 15 reps.

Comment

The weather is starting to warm up. Heat usually helps.

Comment

Still in the 30’s here in the morning and night, don’t know what happened but not complaining.

Comment

Knee surgery is back on, trying for September, give me some months to pay off credit cards and the weather should be nice.plus want to finish up the Camaro. Stepped down off the ladder and sharp pains went through my knee hurt bad, laid me up a few days.

Comment

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that Steve.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X